7 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Tanzania Wildlife tour
7 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Tanzania Wildlife Tour: Take on a 7 day safari visiting two different countries in one safari. Book with us a visit to the mountain gorillas of Rwanda and take on a wildlife safari in Tanzania visiting the Serengeti national park all in a space of 7 days.
Trip Highlights 7 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Tanzania Wildlife tour
- Mountain gorilla trekking
- Game drives in Serengeti
- Ngorongoro crater visit
Day 1: Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable forest National park
- Bwindi Impenetrable forest national park: The first day of your safari in the Eastern countries of Africa will have you meeting your Ugandan driver-guide at your agreed pick up location in Kampala or Entebbe. After exchanging pleasantries, you will drive out to Bwindi Impenetrable forest national park with an enroute lunch. This will be a 8 hour drive to the park. You drive to your hotel for check in and cool off as you watch the sunset and waiting for dinner to be served at your hotel where you will be spending the night.
Accommodation options in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park
- Buhoma Community Rest camp for budget
- Buhoma Haven lodge for midrange
- Buhoma Lodge for luxury.
Day 2: Mountain gorilla trekking
- Trekking mountain gorillas in Uganda: The mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest national park is the highlight of this day as you will wake up looking forward to meeting these gentle giants. Drive out to the park headquarters along with your driver-guide for the morning brief. Walk into the forest with all your necessary gear looking forward to the moment you meet the gorilla family. A magical 1 hour will be spent around the mountain gorillas taking photos and studying them from a 6 meters distance.
- Cultural tour in Bwindi Impenetrable forest national park: Drive back to your hotel for a late lunch and return to your room to refresh and later in the evening, drive to a cultural village for the cultural tour of the Ugandan culture showcasing a few highlights like the way of dressing, methods of cooking, cultural dances as well. Return before nightfall for dinner at your hotel of the previous night.
Day 3: Drive to Entebbe
- Drive to Entebbe: Wake up to breakfast in the cold Bwindi forest and check out of your hotel and join your driver guide on your transfer back to Entebbe. You will have an enroute lunch and arrive in Entebbe in the late evening hours and check into your hotel for dinner and night stay.
Accommodation options in Entebbe
- Best western premium garden hotel for midrange
- Protea Hotel Entebbe for luxury
Day 4: Flight out to Serengeti National park – Tanzania
- Serengeti national park: After having your breakfast at the hotel, pack your bags and check out of the hotel and drive straight to the Entebbe International airport to catch a flight to Tanzania. Your driver guide will be ready to transfer you to Serengeti national park of Tanzania and drive you to your hotel for check in and a warm lunch will be waiting for you.
- Evening game drive: Later in the evening, you will set out for an evening game drive to catch a glimpse of the game of the Serengeti plains. Return to your hotel before it gets dark for dinner and spend a night in the park
Accommodation options in Serengeti national park.
- Osupuko lodge for budget
- Serengeti Heritage tented camp for midrange
- Serengeti Sopa Lodge for luxury
Day 5: Full day in Serengeti National park
- Game drives in Serengeti national park: Have a hot breakfast at your hotel and grab your packed lunches and set out to the Serengeti plains for a full day of game drives. Serengeti is the most visited game reserve in Tanzania majorly because of the numbers of wildebeests but there is more wildlife to look out for on a safari to this reserve like the elephants, lions, Impalas, kobs, cheetahs, buffaloes and giraffes. You drive around the plains and have a picnic lunch in the wild before you spend the rest of the day spotting more game. Get back to your hotel to end the day with a refreshing dinner shortly before you return to your room for the night.
Day 6: Transfer to Ngorongoro
- Ngorongoro crater visit: Right after having breakfast at your hotel, check out and drive out towards Ngorongoro for a visit. You will arrive at Ngorongoro at lunchtime that you will have at the entrance of the crater thereafter, you will descend 600 meters into the crater where you will be able to spot most of the wildlife of the crater. The several animals, you may be able to view include the wildebeest, elands, zebras, buffaloes, lions, cheetahs, hyenas, jackals to mention but a few. Within the region, you will visit the Lake Magadi that is a stunning attraction harboring a big variety of birdlife. Great spot for birding! You will spend your night in Ngorongoro.
Accommodation options in Ngorongoro
- Hhando Coffee lodge for budget
- Ngorongoro Rhino lodge for midrange
- Ngorongoro Sopa lodge for luxury
Day 7: Drive from Ngorongoro back to Arusha
- Leave Ngorongoro: This will be a leisurely day according to our flight out of the country. Wake up for breakfast and after pack your bags to check out of you hotel and set out on your drive to Arusha. You will get some time to pass by a craft shop to get some souvenirs and a chance to interact with the local people of Tanzania.
End of the 7 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Tanzania Wildlife tour