1 Day Source of the Nile tour
1 Day Source of the Nile tour is one of the shortest Uganda Safaris Tours where travelers get to witness the source of the longest river in the Wolrd. Interested in de-stressing, having an adventure-filled fun trip, the source of the Nile tour will offer the best experience that is quite unmatched. You will have the opportunity to participate in a number of activities on your way to the source of the Nile where you will visit Mabira forest to have an adventure-packed experience with activities like zip-lining, birding and so many more. As you visit the source of the River Nile, which is in Jinja, you will have an exciting experience by visiting the Mahatma Gandhi monument, boat rides, visiting different craft villages and so on. Participate in the 1-day source of the Nile tour and you will have the best experience.
Highlights of the tour
- Pick up from Kampala
- Stopover at Mabira forest(zip-lining, birding, Nature walks, primate watching)
- Source of the Nile (bungee jumping, kayaking, boat cruise, horse riding )
- Transfer to Jinja: After your early morning breakfast, you will be picked by our guide from a location of your choice in Kampala City and head to the source of the Nile Jinja. On your to the source of the Nile along Kampala- Jinja highway, you will make a stopover at Namawojolo for a quick snack where roasted plantain, chicken on a stick, liver, and meat is the order of the day with a variety of ice-cold drinks to quench your thirst. After the fun experience at the Namawojolo market, you will continue your way to Mabira forest the biggest rain forest in central Uganda along Kampala Jinja highway.
- Mabira Forest Experience: On reaching the forest, you will be welcomed by a guide who will brief you on what activities you will participate in while in the forest. Activities like zip lining, birding where are a number of bird species like the little greenbul, shrike, francolin; fep pigeon among others will be seen.
- Source of the Nile Experience: After you will make your way to the source of the Nile where you will have a chance to participate in a number of activities including boat cruise bungee jumping, horse riding, kayaking and so on a number of bird species like Cormorants, Pelicans, Storks, King fishers among others will be seen in the area.
- Mahatma Gandhi Statue: You will also visit the craft village where you can buy souvenirs and also visit the Mahatma Gandhi’s statue that was put up to commemorate his wishes of spreading whose ashes at every major/ great river in the world. Mahatma Gandhi was an Indian lawyer who led India to independence by carrying out peaceful resistance against the British he rose to fame because of his soft-spoken nature and humanitarianism.
- Return to Kampala: After an amazing adventure and activities carried out our guide will drop you at a location of your choice in Kampala marking the end of your 1 day source of the Nile tour.
- Pickup and drop off in Kampala
- An English speaking guide
- Activities included in the itinerary
- Entrance permits
- Meals and bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Uganda visa fees
- Activities that are not included in the itinerary