2 Days Mabira Forest & Source of the Nile tour
2 Days Mabira Forest & Source of the Nile tour will offer the best adventure to enable you to visit Jinja town where you can find the source of river Nile in Uganda and home to the magnificent Itanda falls. At the source of the Nile, you will also visit Mabira forest the biggest rainforest in central Uganda. The forest is a home to a number of primate species including the black and white colobus monkeys that can be seen swinging in the trees of the forests, baboons among others.
Highlights of the 2 Days Mabira Forest & Source of the Nile tour
- Day one: Transfer to Mabira forest, nature walks, zip-lining
- Day two: Transfer to the source of the Nile Jinja, boat cruise
Day 1: Transfer to Mabira
- Transfer to Mabira: At a location of your choice in Kampala City our driver/ guide will pick you up and brief you on your 2 days Mabira forest and Itanda falls tour and after embarking on your journey to Mabira forest the biggest rain forest in central Uganda along Kampala-Jinja highway.
- Mabira Forest Experience: On reaching the forest, you will be welcomed by a guide who will brief you on what activities you will participate in while in the forest. Activities like zip lining, birding where are a number of bird species like the little greenbul, shrike, francolin, fep pigeon among others will be seen after lunch will be served and other activities like nature walk, biking will be carried out and later on head to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Transfer to Jinja & Return to Kampala
- Source of the Nile Experience: After a delicious breakfast you will head to Jinja to the source of the Nile where you will have a chance to participate in a number of activities including boat cruise bungee jumping, horse riding, kayaking and so on a number of bird species like Cormorants, Pelicans, Storks, King fishers among others will be seen in the area. You will also visit the craft village where you can buy souvenirs and also visit the Mahatma Gandhi’s statue that was put up to commemorate his wishes of spreading whose ashes at every major/ great river in the world. Mahatma Gandhi was an Indian lawyer who led India to independence by carrying out peaceful resistance against the British he rose to fame because of his soft-spoken nature and humanitarianism.
- Return to Kampala: After an amazing adventure and activities carried out our guide will drop you at a location of your choice in Kampala.
End of your 2 days Mabira forest and source of the Nile Jinja tour.
- Pickup and drop off in Kampala
- An English speaking guide
- Activities included in the itinerary
- Entrance permits
- Meals and bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Uganda visa fees
- Activities that are not included in the itinerary
See also: 2 DAYS MABIRA FOREST & ITANDA FALLS TOUR