5 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Masai Mara Wildlife Safari
5 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Masai Mara Wildlife Safari: Get to visit 2 different countries in a space of 5 days. Fly into Uganda to start this safari and connect to Kenya to end the safari. You will take an international flight between the 2 destinations also take a domestic flight to Entebbe from the Bwindi forest. Visit the major national parks of the countries that are Bwindi Impenetrable forest national park and the Masai Mara national park. Visit the mountain gorillas and the Masai Mara national park for the wildlife bit of the safari.
Trip highlights of the 5 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Masai Mara Wildlife Safari
Trek the mountain gorillas of Bwindi
Game drive in Masai Mara
Cultural tour in Bwindi forest
Domestic flight from Kihihi airstrip
Day 1: Land at Entebbe International Airport and drive to Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park
- Land at Entebbe International Airport and drive to Bwindi: Catch an early morning flight into Uganda landing at Entebbe international airport in time for pick up and briefing from your diver guide who will take you on your 7 to 8 hour drive to Bwindi impenetrable forest. You will have a stopover in Mbarara to stretch a bit, refresh and also have lunch. After connect further south west of the country arriving in the misty Bwindi in the evening for check in at you accommodation choice. You will have a warm dinner and retire back into your rooms for the night.
Accommodation options in Bwindi are:
- Buhoma Community Rest Camp for budget
- Buhoma Haven Lodge for midrange
- Buhoma Lodge for luxury
Day 2: Mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park
- Mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi: Gorilla trekking activity will have you wake up as early as 6 am to grab a quick breakfast and drive to the park headquarters in time for the briefing from the rangers before you enter the forest in search for the mountain gorillas. After the brief, grab your necessities and also hire a porter if need be and start your trek. You will search for about 2 to 7 hours depending on where the gorillas will have spent their night the day before. When you encounter them, you will spend the magical one hour at a 6 meter distance enjoying these gentle giants. This will also be your opportunity to take photos and study the mountain gorillas of the Bwindi forest. Exit the park back to your accommodation for a late lunch. After lunch when you have regained your strength, your driver guide will be waiting to drive you to the cultural village for your cultural experience of the people living around the park. Drive back to your hotel for dinner and the second night.
Day 3: Catch a domestic flight back to Entebbe airport and connect for your international flight to Kenya
- Catch a domestic flight back to Entebbe airport and connect for your international flight to Kenya: You will have a scheduled domestic flight booked for you so after your breakfast at the hotel, your driver-guide will drop you at the airstrip and help you check-in and you will part ways. This domestic flight from the Bwindi forest is a one hour trip with perfect weather conditions. Arrive in Entebbe and board your international flight to Nairobi Kenya where your other driver guide will be waiting to welcome you.
- You will leave the Jomo Kenyatta airport headed straight to Masai Mara park to spend the evening at your hotel in the park. This is a 5-hour drive from Nairobi to Narok the remote village that is the gate to the Masai Mara national park.
Accommodation options in Masai mara
- Mara Simba lodge for budget and midrange
- Mara Sopa lodge for luxury
Day 4: Full day in Masai Mara National park
- Morning game drive: Wake up in the mighty Mara region to an early sumptuous breakfast at your hotel in order to catch the early risers on the morning game drive in Masai mara national park. Set out to explore the Mara plains with the vast wildlife species like the buffaloes, antelopes and the lions in big numbers. The game drive in Masai mara is also a great time for birding for the birders. From July to October, you will get to see the wildebeest migration from Serengeti national park crossing to Masai mara national park via the mara river. You drive around the park until you feel the need to have your packed lunches.
- Evening game drive: Drive back to the hotel to escape the scorching sun but later return for an evening game drive to catch the game you may have missed in the morning drive. Connect back to your hotel for dinner and a second night in the park.
Day 5: Drive back to Nairobi for Flight back home
- Drive back to Nairobi for flight back home: Have breakfast at leisure as you enjoy the last moments in the park. Check out of your accommodation and have a brief game drive as you exit the park and get a third chance to appreciate the beauty Masai Mara has to offer. You will drive straight to the airport to catch your flight back home to end the 5 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Masai Mara Wildlife Safari.
End of 5 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Masai Mara Wildlife Safari
- Full time fueled safari vehicle
- English speaking driver guide
- Accommodation as in the itinerary
- Bottled water
- Gorilla permits
- Cultural village visit
- Park entrance fees
- Domestic flight
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses like laundry, airtime, alcoholic beverages, medication if any
- Optional activities not stated in the itinerary