4 Days Mount Nyiragongo Hike & Queen Elizabeth National Park Tour
4 Days Mount Nyiragongo Hike & Queen Elizabeth National Park Tour will give you the opportunity to explore two national parks that have a lot to offer on your visits. You will have the opportunity to visit Africa’s oldest National Park virunga national park where you will get to participate in Mount Nyiragongo hike where you will have a number of rewarding experiences including at the summit of the mountain where you will find the world’s largest Lava Lake that whose activity can be seen with lava boiling on its surface.
The tour will also let you explore the home to the trees climbing lions and four of the big five animals in Uganda Queen Elizabeth National Park where you will have rewarding experiences like seeing a number of wildlife through the different activities in the park like the game drives, lion tracking experience among other attractions your safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park will open Up a new adventure for you that will make your 4 days mount Nyiragongo hike and Queen Elizabeth national park tour quite memorable.
Highlights of your 4 Days Mount Nyiragongo hike and Queen Elizabeth National Park tour
- Day 1: Transfer to virunga national park and hiking Mount Nyiragongo
- Day2: Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 3: Morning game drive evening Boat cruise
- Day 4: Lion experience and transfer to Kampala
DAY 1: Pickup from Goma & transfer to virunga
- Pickup from Goma & transfer to virunga: On day one of your 4 days Mount Nyiragongo hike and Queen Elizabeth National Park tour, our guide will pick you up from Goma at 7:00 am and you will be transferred to the Congo border at the Grand Barrier for check-in where issuing of the necessary permits will be carried out, you will get your volcano permit thereafter transfer to Virunga National Park. Report to Bukima and start your Nyiragongo hike in Virunga National Park.
- Get ready to see the impact of Volcanic eruption on the surrounding areas in the park where you will see new forests rejuvenating from what was destroyed by the lava, you will get to see a number of bird species as you hike the slopes in the rejuvenating forests therefore you should not miss out on packing binoculars to see the amazing species. When you get to the summit, you will have an overnight stay there and as the sun sets, get ready for the mountain to come to life with the world’s largest lava lake which will offer amazing experience. Get ready to see lava boiling and rising underneath the earth’s crust, earth quakes rumbling underneath the crust for an amazing time in the park and with you wild dinner at the summit you will have the most rewarding Congo safaris in Virunga National Park.
- Meal plan: lunch and dinner
Day 2: Descend Mount Nyiragongo and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Descend Mount Nyiragongo and transfer to Queen: On day 2 of your 4 days Nyiragongo hike & Queen Elizabeth National Park tour, after an early morning breakfast at the summit after an amazing time overnight watching the lava lake and the exceptional views of Mount Nyiragongo you will take pictures as your last day in the park and after You will descend Mount Nyiragongo and embark on your journey to Queen Elizabeth National Park the home to the tree-climbing lions and on reaching you will head to your hotel for dinner and over night as you await the next day to take part in a number of activities
Day 3: Morning game drive and evening boat cruise
- Morning game drive: On day 3 of your 4 days Nyiragongo hike and Queen Elizabeth National Park tour, after an Early morning breakfast at your hotel, you will transfer to the park where you will participate in a morning game drive where you will have the opportunity to see a number of early risers grazing in the plains for instance the antelopes, buffaloes, elands, impalas among other animal species as they catch their first bite of the day in the plains of the park, you can also see a number of animals heading to the water sources for examples the hippos along the Kazinga channel among others animals where you will see their co-existence with one another in the park.
- Transfer to Ishasha: You will then transfer to the Ishasha sector where you will see the tree climbing lions which is quite an unusual trait for the carnivores. The experiences will be rewarding for you because if you’re lucky, you will get to see the lions climb trees to keep an eye on their potential prey like the kobs and also hunt them down as their primary source of food. After the exciting adventure, you will then head back to your hotel for lunch and relax as you await the evening boat cruise.
- Boat Cruise: After your lunch, you will then head to the boat cruise along the Kazinga channel which will offer a vast look at the landscape including a number of water birds like shoe bill stork, flamingos, king fishers great cormorant, little grebe, northern lapwing, red-necked grebe, wandering albatross pied. Animals like the hippos elephants, waterbucks buffalos, crocodiles can also be seen sun-basking among other animals. After the beautiful adventure, you will head back to your hotel to relax and get ready for the next day. Alternatively, you can carry out nature walks or community walks before you head back to your hotel for diner and overnight for an amazing Uganda Safari adventure.
Day 4: Lion experience and transfer back to Kampala
- Lion experience and transfer back to Kampala: On day 4 of your 4 days Mount Nyiragongo Hike and Queen Elizabeth National Park tour, after an early morning breakfast, you will then head to the park and participate in the rewarding lion tracking experience where you will get to know more about the species and the way they co-exist in the park the rewarding experience, you will be transferred to Kampala through Mbarara town, you will have a stopover at the Igongo cultural centre for lunch as you continue with your journey to Kampala city and our guide will drop you at a location of your choice and the end of your 4days Nyiragongo hike and Queen Elizabeth National Park Tour.
End of the 4 Days Mount Nyiragongo Hike & Queen Elizabeth National Park Tour
- Transport fees
- An English speaking guide
- Entrance permits
- Activity permits
- Meals and bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Nature walks
- All activities on the itinerary
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Uganda visa fees
- Congo visa fees
- Activities that are not included on the itinerary