3 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking from Rwanda is a short tour where traveler goes gorilla trekking in Congo but starts from Kigali City. Gorilla trekking is one of the most affordable tour activities where travelers will enjoy their gorilla trekking in the Virunga National Park of Congo. Gorilla trekking in Virunga national park, gives you a chance to visit two countries, Rwanda and Congo. The trip starts in Kigali – Rwanda and the activities are in Virunga national park in Congo.
Highlights of the 3 days Virunga Gorilla Trekking
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali – Rwanda to Virunga national park.
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Virunga national park in Congo.
- Day 3: Return to Kigali – Rwanda.
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali – Rwanda to Virunga national park.
- Transfer to Virunga: Have breakfast and transfer to Virunga national park, the distance from Kigali to Congo takes only 3 hours on the road. Reach at the Border between Rwanda and Congo and head to Goma Town which works as the same time District at the border. Continue to tourism offices located in Goma town called The Grand Barrier Border. At this level, you start your clearing process where you supposed to receive Gorilla permits or any activity permit to allow you enter Virunga national park. After clearing, you will be transferred to Kibumba tented camp or Bukima tented camp with in Virunga national park.
- Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Virunga national park in Congo.
- Gorilla Trekking: Wake up early and go for a morning breakfast, then proceed to Bukima patrol station will all your documents to allow you to do gorilla trekking. On arrival, the briefing will start and you will be allocated a group of maximum 8 people. Immediately you will be given your leader who will be working as a ranger, and start the magical gorilla trekking, mountain gorilla trekking or our lost cousins in the jungle of Virunga mountains. The journey may take 3 – 5 hours trekking for mountain gorillas, moving in the slopes and slippery hills of Virunga mountains, if you love hiking, then you will be hiking and enjoying the nature environment, the winds, whispering of birding, passing through forest its self is magical of its kind. On reaching them, then you will be given a maximum of 1 hour moving with them, the gorillas in Virunga are huge and the likes of silverback is something that you won’t forget in your entire life. After taking pictures with them, moving them, then you advised by your guide to go back to the starting point and meet your guide and head back to the lodge. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 3: Return to Kigali – Rwanda.
- Return to Kigali: Today morning breakfast will be served as usual and depart the lodge for your journey. You will be escorted by the Virunga national park convoy up to Goma town. Then cross to Gisenyi to Kigali – Rwanda. If you had not done a City tour, please you will do the Kigali Genocide memorial centre and Kimironko market where you will visit crafts center and lunch will be served and proceed to any place advised to us with in Kigali Capital City of Rwanda.
End of the 3 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking from Rwanda tour
See also: 4 Days Congo Tour, Virunga & Nyiragongo