2 Days Murchison Falls Tour
2 Days Murchison Falls Tour is a short tour that will interest you with fun-packed activities in Uganda’s Biggest National park. If you are interested in visiting and being part of the experience of a lifetime in the wild, Murchison falls national park is the answer to all your wildlife inquiries. Take part of the tour to Murchison falls national park, the largest park in the country with a number of animals which has almost all the animals that can be found in other national parks of the country and the most rewarding views and attractions including the famous Murchison falls, a number of animals will be seen making the experience memorable.
Highlights of the 2 Days Murchison Falls Tour
Day 1: Pick Up and Transfer to Murchison Falls (Boat Cruise & Hike to the top of the falls)
Day 2: Game Drive and Transfer to Kampala
Day 1: Pick Up and Transfer to Murchison Falls
- Pick Up: Depending on your location, our guide will pick you up at exactly 6pm and before you embark on your 5-6 hours journey to the park he will brief you on what to expect on your trip after which you will start on your journey to the magnificent Murchison falls.
- Transfer to Murchison: On your way to the park, our guide will point out the significance of the different towns to the people of Uganda for instance Luwero district. Through Masindi will have a stopover at the town the fruit growing sector where different fruits like pineapples, passion fruits, watermelons will be offered to you as you proceed on your way to the park
- Drive to the top of the Falls: On reaching the park through kichumbanyobo gate, you will see different primates that is the baboons that seem curious to see new faces where some of them will shy away and hide in trees, you will be driven to the top of falls alternatively,
- Boat Cruise & Hike to the top of the falls: you can decide to hike to the falls through the boat cruise which will enable to see the beautiful falls as they make the way through a narrow gorge, after spending time at the top of the falls lunch will be served at your hotel, after which you will proceed to catch the launch cruise at 2 pm. A relaxing and a perfect opportunity for you to have splendid views of the park a number of water birds will be seen, different animal species like the zebras, elephants will be seen while they try to cool off with the scorching sunshine in the park, crocodiles sun basking, hippos can also be seen, you will also have a chance to go the bottom of the falls where you will see the splendid beautiful falls after 2-3 hours, the launch cruise will come to an end and you will then proceed to your hotel for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
- Budget: Red Chilli tented camp,
- Midrange: Pakuba lodge, Murchison River lodge
- Luxury: Paraa safari lodge, Chobe safari lodge
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
DAY 2: Game Drive and Transfer to Kampala
- Game Drive: After an early morning breakfast, our guide will pick you from your hotel at exactly 7am and he will drive you to the northern side of the park with the high concentration of animals which give you the opportunity to see the Rothschild’s giraffes which are considered t be endangered in high numbers, zebras, duikers, Uganda kobs, Jackson’s hartebeest will also be seen among other animals. It is important to note that the morning game drive will give you the chance to see the nocturnal animals like the leopard, lions, and hyenas before they go back into hiding.
- Check Out and transfer to Kampala: At 11am, you will head and check out of your hotel and embark on your journey to return to Kampala City, through Masindi town, where you will have lunch and proceed to Kampala where our driver will drop you at the location of your choice making the end of your trip.
Meal plan: Breakfast and lunch
End of the 2 Days Murchison Falls Tour
- Pickup and drop off in Kampala
- A guide
- Ferry crossing fees
- Entrance permits
- Launch cruise
- Top of the falls hike
- Meals and bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Uganda visa fees
- Activities that are not included on the itinerary