3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park tour is one of the most interesting Uganda tours where you shall explore the amazing tree-climbing lions in Uganda’s wilderness.
3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park tour will give you the utmost experience in Queen Elizabeth National Park which is famous for 95 mammal species including the tree-climbing lions, buffalos, elephants, kobs, forest hogs, and cape buffalos over 400 bird species which makes it a top destination for bird lovers. Interesting about the park is the fact that it has a number of primate species that can be seen in kyambura gorge making it the ultimate safari destination.
Highlights of the 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park, Amabere ganyinamwiru caves, Evening game drive
- Day 2: Morning game drive, Evening boat cruise
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kampala
Details of the 3 Days Queen Elizabeth tour
Day 1: Pick Up & Transfer to Queen
- Pick Up & Transfer to Queen: Depending on your location in Kampala, our guide will pick you at exactly 7 am and brief you on your 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park tour. The drive to the park from Kampala City will take approximately 4-6 hours. Where you will pass through different towns like Lukaya where the aroma of roasted meat will hit you. The place for a long time has provided refreshments and high quality roasted kinds of meat to travellers. Through this town, you will have a chance to try out the delicious meat. On reaching Kayabwe, you will have the equator experience where you will pose at the equator and experiments of the north and southern hemispheres will be carried out. Lunch will be served in Mbarara town at Igongo cultural centre which offers different cultural dishes like millet bread, Eshabwe, dishes made with locally handmade ghee which is quite an adventure to taste the authentic dishes. After lunch your way to fort portal town where you will be able to visit the amabere ganyinamwiru caves, after the trip at the caves, you will make your way to Queen Elizabeth national park where the tree climbing lions are found.
- Evening Game Drive: On reaching the park, you will go on an evening game drive where you will have a chance to see a number of animals catching their last bites for the day in the plains as they get ready to go to their resting place animals like zebras, elephants, elands, antelopes, crocodiles can be seen sun basking, leopards, lions, hyenas are easily seen during the evening games drives because they come out of hiding in order to hunt for their prey which is a thrilling adventure to see. After the game drive, you will head back to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Game Drive and Boat Cruise
- Game Drive: After an early morning boat cruise, you will go a morning game drive where you will have the opportunity to see a number of early risers grazing in the plains, for instance, the antelopes, buffaloes, elands, impalas among other animal species. You will then transfer to the ishasha sector for the ultimate lion tracking experience where the tree climbing lions will be seen which is quite a mesmerising trait that the lions in the park posses which is quite unique from the lions around the world. It is believed the lions climb trees t keep an eye on their potential prey like the kobs. After the exciting adventure, you will then head back to your hotel for lunch and relax as you await the evening boat cruise.
- Boat Cruise: After your beautiful lunch, you will then head to the boat cruise along the Kazinga channel which will offer a vast look at the landscape including a number of water birds like shoe bill stork, flamingos, king fishers great cormorant, little grebe, northern lapwing, red-necked grebe, wandering albatross pied. Animals like the hippos elephants, waterbucks buffalos, crocodiles can also be seen sun-basking among other animals. After the beautiful adventure, you will head back to your hotel to relax and get ready for the next day. Alternatively, you can carry out nature walks or community walks you will head back to your hotel for diner and overnight.
Day 3: Transfer to Kampala
After early morning breakfast, at exactly 7 am you will be picked from your hotel and transfer back to Kampala, through Mbarara town, you will have a stopover to have lunch at the Igongo cultural centre where you will visit the craft shop and you can buy some take at home souvenirs. Kampala city tour will be carried out where you will visit places as you can also visit the kabaka’s lake, the Buganda parliament, the royal mile, the king’s palace which are heritage sites in Buganda kingdom. After the tour, our guide will drop you at the location of your choice and the end of your trip.
End of the 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park tour
Trip Inclusions 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park tour
- Pickup and drop off in Kampala
- An English speaking guide
- Entrance permits
- Igongo cultural centre
- Meals and bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Game drives
- Boat cruise
- Nature walks
- amabere ganyinamwiru caves permit
- Kampala city tour
- lion tracking experience
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Uganda visa fees
- Activities that are not included on the itinerary
See also: 3 DAYS MURCHISON FALLS SAFARI