9 Days Best of Uganda Safari Tour
9 Days Best of Uganda Safari Tour is an amazing Uganda wildlife safari that gives a traveler a chance to explore the best of Uganda and its amazing attractions.
Highlights of your 9 Days Best of Uganda Safari Tour
- Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
- Day 2: Arrival and transfer to Murchison falls national park
- Day 3: Morning game drive and afternoon launch cruise
- Day 4: Transfer to Lake Mburo national park and evening game drive
- Day 5: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- DAY 6: Morning game drive and Evening boat cruise
- Day 7: Lion experience and transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- DAY 8: Gorilla trekking
- Day 9: Batwa Trail experience and departure
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
On day one of your 9 days Uganda safari, upon your arrival in Uganda, your guide for your entire safari will welcome you to the country and take you through a briefing session of your 13 days Uganda and Rwanda safari and the rules and regulations to follow during your stay in the country. After your briefing session, you will be transferred to your hotel for refreshments, relaxing and overnight stay. Alternatively, depending on your time of arrival in the country if you have time to participate in a number of activities, you will be transferred to the Botanical gardens or the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre where you will get to see a number of wildlife animals like the lions, elephants among other attractions in the centre. After the amazing experience, head back to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Arrival and transfer to Murchison falls national park
On day two of your 9 days Uganda safari after an early morning breakfast, you will begin your tour Murchison falls National Park the largest National Park in Uganda. During your way to the Park, you will make a stopover at Ziwa rhino sanctuary the only rhino sanctuary in Uganda where you will have amazing experiences watching the endangered rhino species, different monkey species like he black and white colobus monkey, the Mona monkey and many more, crocodiles, hippos, antelopes and so on. You will have lunch in Masindi town after your Ziwa rhino sanctuary tour and then you will proceed to the park. On reaching the park, you will participate in the top of the falls hike which is quite a memorable experience where you will get to see the water thunders and rapids on a high speed falling over a gorge which is a beautiful experience where you will get exceptional views of the park from an aerial view.
Day 3: Morning game drive and afternoon launch cruise
On day three of your 9 days Uganda safari after an early morning breakfast, your guide will pick you from your hotel and transfer you to the northern bank of river Nile where you will participate n the morning game drive. During the morning game drives you will witness the park coming to life with a number of early risers flooding the plains to catch an early morning bite for the day and among the different animal species that can be seen include; elephants, Rothschild giraffes, buffaloes, lions, Hartebeest, Uganda kobs, Oribi, bush bucks, topis and waterbucks among other animal species for memorable safaris after the morning game drives, you will head back to your hotel for refreshments lunch and in the evening, you will participate in the evening launch cruise on Lake Albert. After lunch, your guide will transfer you to the park to participate in the launch cruise which will offer amazing experiences during your safaris in the park, you will get to see the amazing views of the bottom of the falls where you will see a number of water birds like the African king fisher, the cormorants , spoon bills, the bee eaters along the river banks, you will also see a number of wild animals like crocodiles, hippos, elephants quenching their thirst from the river banks among other species for a memorable 3 days Murchison falls national park tour. You will head back to your hotel for relaxation dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Transfer to Lake Mburo national park and evening game drive
On day four of your 9 days Uganda safari after early morning breakfast, then embark on a 5 hours drive to Lake Mburo national park. You will have a stopover at the Equator where you will take pictures and visit craft shops. Proceed to Lake Mburo national park where you will have amazing experiences. on reaching you will transfer to Mihingo lodge for lunch and relaxation and later on in the afternoon, you will participate in afternoon boat cruise where you will get to see a number of attractions like the different bird species like; Lesser and Great Swamp Warblers, Chubb’s and Caruthers’s Cisticola Black Crake, Common Squacco, Striated, Black-headed, Herons White-headed and Black-billed Barbet, Greenwood Hoopoe, a number of mammal species like crocodiles sun basking and waiting on prey, a number of herbivores grazing in the plains as you enjoy the sunset in the park which will make the activity rewarding. Return to your lodge in the evening for dinner and overnight stay
Day 5: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
O day five of your 9 days Uganda safari, wake up early to an early morning breakfast and later on transfer to Queen Elizabeth national Park. On reaching the park, you will go on an evening game drive where you will have a chance to see a number of animals catching their last bites for the day in the plains as they get ready to go to their resting place animals like zebras, elephants, elands, antelopes, crocodiles can be seen sun basking, leopards, lions, hyenas are easily seen during the evening games drives because they come out of hiding in order to hunt for their prey which is a thrilling adventure to see. After the game drive, you will head back to your hotel for dinner and over night.
DAY 6: Morning game drive and Evening boat cruise
On day 6 of your 9 days Uganda safari,, after an early morning breakfast at your hotel, you will go a morning game drive where you will have the opportunity to see a number of early risers grazing in the plains for instance the antelopes, buffaloes, elands, impalas among other animal species. You will then transfer to the Ishasha sector for the ultimate lion tracking experience where the tree climbing lions will be seen which is quite a mesmerising trait that the lions in the park posses which is quite unique from the lions around the world. It is believed the lions climb trees t keep an eye on their potential prey like the kobs. After the exciting adventure, you will then head back to your hotel for lunch and relax as you await the evening boat cruise.
After your beautiful lunch, you will then head to the boat cruise along the Kazinga channel which will offer a vast look at the landscape including a number of water birds like shoe bill stork, flamingos, king fisher’s great cormorant, little grebe, northern lapwing, red necked grebe, wandering albatross pied. Animals like the hippos elephants, waterbucks buffalos, crocodiles can also be seen sun basking among other animals. After the beautiful adventure, you will head back to your hotel to relax and get ready for the next day. Alternatively, you can carry out nature walks or community walks you will head back to your hotel for diner and overnight
Day 7: Lion experience and transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
On day 7 of your 9 days Uganda safari, after an early morning breakfast you will transfer to the Ishasha sector where you can see the tree climbing lions for the ultimate lion tracking experience where the tree climbing lions will be seen which is quite a mesmerising trait that the lions in the park posses which is quite unique from the lions around the world. A number of animal species including the elephants, antelopes, Elephants, Hyenas, Leopards and Buffaloes will be seen during the drive through the sector to the other parts of the park. After you will transfer you to Bwindi impenetrable national park the home to half of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas, transfer to your hotel for lunch and relaxation. later on in the evening you will have dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 8: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla trekking: On day 8 of your 9 days Uganda safari, after early morning breakfast and packed lunch, tourists will embark their journey to carry out gorilla trekking the activity. Depending on your permit, you will transfer to the sector where the gorilla family you’re going to trek is. The activity will involve you hiking through the rugged terrain and it can take a given amount of time approximately 2-6 hours but with the help of the guide, it will be easy to locate the gentle giants. On locating and coming into contact with the gorillas, you will spend one hour with them and here you can take pictures of them, watch how they groom one another, how they live amongst one another which is quite interesting to watch. After the one hour with the gorillas is done you will then embark on your Batwa trail experience (optional) where you will meet an exciting group of people the Batwa who are forest people that survive on forest products. The encounter with an interesting group of people will offer memorable experiences. Alternatively, you can also participate in nature walks on the different trails in the park where you will come across different attractions like the numerous bird species, primate species and the peaks of the Virunga Mountains. After the activities, you will proceed to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 9: Batwa Trail experience and departure
- Batwa Trail experience and departure: On day 9 of your 9 days Uganda safari, after an early morning breakfast at your hotel, you will be transferred to the Batwa community and embark on the Batwa trail experience which will give you the opportunity to know more about the forest people who depended on the forest products as they lived harmoniously with the wildlife especially the mountain gorillas, you will also visit their communities and witness how they carry out their daily lives after being banned from the forest, you will be entertained by their traditional dances, traditional folk songs among other rewarding activities. After the experience, you will embark on your journey to volcanoes national park where you will have lunch in the Kisoro district. Through cyanika border, you will connect to volcanoes national park and transfer to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay
End of the 9 Days Best of Uganda Safari Tour
- All activities on the itinerary
- all accommodation as per itinerary
- 4X4 safari vehicle, Fuel
- Pick up and Drop off at Entebbe
- Full-time English speaking driver/ guide
- Bottled mineral water while on safari
- Visa fees
- Air tickets
- Personal expenses
- Other expenses
- All items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, beer,