How to Book A Gorilla Trekking Permit in Uganda
How to Book A Gorilla Trekking Permit in Uganda : Gorilla trekking is the among the top tourism activities in Uganda that you should take part in for the most rewarding Uganda safaris. among the destinations where you can see the mountain gorillas in Africa, Uganda is the most rewarding because of the mountain gorilla populations that can be seen in its national parks. Gorilla trekking in Uganda is carried out in two national parks Bwindi impenetrable national park and Mgahinga national park. for gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park tourists can access the habituated gorilla families in Rwanda by tracking through the four sectors of the park that Is nkuringo, rushaga, ruhija and Buhoma and for gorilla trekking in Mgahinga national park, you can access the habituated gorilla families in Uganda by hiking the Virunga mountains in Uganda that is mount gahinga, mount sabyinyo and mount muhabura.
For tourists to get the time to spend one hour with the gorilla families they should obtain a gorilla trekking permit in Uganda to give them access to observe the primates’ behaviour in the wild like how they co-exist with one another, how they harvest food, their feeding pattern, mountain gorilla reproduction for instance you will get to know that females became sexually active around 4 years and when they conceive they give birth to one infant in rare occasions they can also give birth to twins among other interesting features about the primates in the wild.
Where to obtain the permit
The gorilla trekking permit in Uganda can be obtained at a price of 700USD through different sources for instance you can book for you permit through a trusted tour operator like explore Rwanda tour or from the Uganda wildlife Authority where can also obtain permits for a number of activities in Uganda like the boat cruise in Murchison falls national park, golden monkey trekking in Mgahinga national park, chimpanzee trekking in kibale national park among other activities that you can take part in during your Uganda tour.
Inclusions and exclusions of a gorilla permit in Uganda
After you obtain the gorilla trekking permit in Uganda, you will be given access to a number of services to make your gorilla trekking safari quite comfortable and memorable. Some of the inclusions that come with your gorilla trekking permit include;
- After you obtain your gorilla trekking permit in Uganda, you will be exempted from paying any park entrance fees during your gorilla trekking safari in either Bwindi impenetrable national park and Mgahinga national park. however, this does not mean you won’t pay park entrance fees for other activities in Bwindi impenetrable national park or for activities in Mgahinga national park.
- You will be given access to a knowledgeable guide who will ensure you have a memorable safari in either parks. The guide will also ensure you a have the most rewarding and safe activity in the parks, the guide will take you along the safe trails in the park where you will not encounter a number of vicious animals that will make your safari quite uncomfortable.
- The permit will also give you access to the ranger whose duty is to protect you against any vicious animal attacks during gorilla trekking in the parks. However, it should be noted that because of the expertise of the guide it will be unlikely for them to encounter the gorillas in the wild.
- Although you’ve obtained your gorilla trekking permit in Uganda, you will not be give You will not take part in other activities because the gorilla trekking permit caters for only your gorilla trekking experience in Uganda and nothing else.
- During gorilla trekking in Uganda if you have a number of equipment like the camera, and some luggage for your experience, you should hire a porter who will offer you the most comfortable experience without having to worry about being dragged down by your equipment and you can hire a porter between 15-20USD
- Although you have the obtained a gorilla trekking permit in Uganda at a fee of 700USD, it should be noted that the permit doesn’t cater for tips because they are personal expenses.