2 Days Akagera National Park tour is one of the shortest tours to Rwanda’s National Parks where travelers will be engaged in the amazing wildlife tours.
Highlights of the 2 Days Akagera National Park tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Akagera national park and Ihema Boat Cruise
- Day 2: Early morning game drive and transfer back to Kigali
Details of the tour
Day 1: Transfer to Akagera national park and Ihema Boat Cruise.
- Transfer to Akagera National Park: Have breakfast and transfer to Akagera national park where you will arrive in time for lunch at the lodge.
- Boat Cruise: Later embark on the afternoon boat cruise on Lake Ihema where you will see the game like hippopotamuses, Crocodiles and many bird species that live around the lake and the surrounding swamps. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 2: Early morning game drive and transfer back to Kigali.
- Game Drive: Rise up early and go for a game drive with great anticipation of seeing the different animals which rise early to graze and predators looking for their early morning kill like lions, Rhinos and other animals like Zebras, Elephants, Buffaloes, etc.
- Transfer to Kigali: After the game drive, return to the lodge to freshen up and embark on your journey back to Kigali arriving in the afternoon. If you had not done a city tour, then visit the Kimironko Market, Kigali Genocide Memorial and after drop off at your hotel in Kigali or transfer to the airport for your onward flight.