2023-2024 Nyungwe National Park Prices: Nyungwe national park is yet another of Rwanda’s primate national parks, and it has a variety of activities to offer its tourists. Every year, millions of tourists travel to Rwanda’s Nyungwe National Area to explore the park and participate in some of the park’s activities. Every activity in the park will need visitors to pay a little cost to participate in; not to mention that the new 2023-2024 Nyungwe national park admission rates will also force visitors to pay park entrance fees, unlike in the past.
2023-2024 Nyungwe National Park Prices.
- Entry fee
For activities such as the Canopy Walk, Guided Birding, Night Nature Walks, and other Primate Trekking, the minimal number of people accepted is in a group 2 Pax and a maximum of 8 people. Please note that groups could be joined specifically when on primate or night nature walks. All hikes include a guide.
|Foreign Resident in Rwanda/EAC||20|
Chimpanzee Trekking Fees.
|Foreign Resident in Rwanda/EAC||75|
- Children aged 5 years and below do not pay entry fees
- Entry fees are not charged beyond 3 nights for up to one week.
Community Freelance Guiding Fees
|Guides (Community Freelance)||Time Frame||USD|
|Guide for regular forest walks||(Per Guide/Half Day)||15||N/A|
|Guide for regular forest walks||(Per Guide/Full Day)||25||N/A|
|Porter Fees||Per Porter /Half Day||5||N/A|
|Porter fees||Per Porter/ Full Day||10||N/A|
|Adults 13 and above||Children aged 6-12 years|
|Tent hire||Per 4-man (approx. 3m x 3m) Canvas tent||20|
|Fines||For breaking any park rules & Regulations||150|
|Commercial filming/photography||Per day. Contact the park for all filming||300|
|Rwandan/EAC Citizen||Single pass||95,000|
|Rwandan/EAC Citizens||Couples pass||150,000|
|Rwandan/EAC Citizens||Family pass (2 Adults, 2 Children with supplement of 20,000 RWF charge from 3rd child)||205,000|
|Foreign Resident in Rwanda/EAC||Single Pass||300|
- A 12- hour day (Full day), activity is defined as picking up guides and porters before 9 a.m. and returning to the same reception within 5 hours. If a guide or porter is picked up after 9 a.m., he or she will be charged for the whole day until returned before midday. If a guide is requested to accompany a visitor on one of the multi-day walking pathways, the guide’s accommodation and food for up to three nights are paid at a rate of 15,000 RWF. Porters on multi-day hikes would be charged an additional 15,000 RWF for accommodation and meals for up to three nights. Any additional nights will be charged at 5,000 RWF per night.
- A guide will be required for every eight tourists (excluding children under the age of five). This is done to safeguard the safety of the visitors while also ensuring that the information presented by the guide is received and heard by all.
- All day visitors must pay the entry charge, which includes any path, or overnight visitors must pay the price each night. For the second and third nights, the charge is reduced by half, and any following nights are free for up to one week. For example, for one night at the park (including the two days either side), the charge is paid once; for two nights, the fee is paid twice, with the second night discounted by half. Visitors who remain outside the park are termed “day visitors” (unless they stay in an approved hospitality organization with which the park has a formal agreement) and must pay the admission charge for each day they enter the park.
- Children under the age of five are free; no admission or activity costs apply, with the exception of future zipline and rope courses. Children aged 6 to 12 are subject to activity fee charges. Adult admission and activity costs apply to those aged 13 and over.
- Night walks begin at 5.30 p.m. and conclude between 8 and 9.00 p.m. You should meet your guide at the specified reception.
- Annual Passes are available, allowing unrestricted entrance to Nyungwe for a one-time purchase for a year. There are single, couple, and family passes available. The yearly pass charge covers admission permits but does not include park special activities; nonetheless, Annual Pass members receive a 10% discount on park activities. Additional terms and restrictions apply; please carefully read them before purchasing a pass.
- The rental of a tent does not include any bedding or camping gear.
- The park does not take cash.