8 Days Nyiragongo Hike & Uganda Gorilla Tour
8 Days Nyiragongo Hike & Uganda Gorilla Tour is a 1-week combined safari package that travelers should look out for to explore Congo’s Nyiragongo Hike and also travel to Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest for Gorilla Trekking Experience.
Highlights of the 8 Days Nyiragongo Hike & Uganda Gorilla Tour
- Day 1: Pick up from Kigali International Airport
- Day 2: Transfer to Goma
- Day 3: Goma city tour.
- Day 4: Mount Nyiragongo Hike
- Day 5: Descend Mount Nyiragongo & transfer to Bwindi
- Day 6: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Day 7: Cycling in Bwindi
- Day 8: Drive back to Kigali Rwanda
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali International Airport
- Pick up from Kigali: On arrival at Kigali International Airport, You will be met by your driver-guide waiting to welcome you into the country and drive to your accommodation for dinner and overnight at Des Milles Colline hotel.
Day 2: Transfer to Goma
- Kigali City tour: Your guide will pick you up from your hotel after breakfast and go for a short tour of Kigali city that includes a visit to the Kimironko market and the genocide memorial.
- Transfer to Goma: Have lunch and cross to Goma after the Congo border where you will check-in at the tourism border at the Grand Barrier to get a volcano permit thereafter transfer to your hotel where you will relax for the evening. Dinner and overnight stay at Lac Kivu lodge
Day 3: Goma city tour.
- Goma City Tour: This will be a leisurely day where you will have breakfast at your accommodation and later in the day connect for a Goma town tour visiting a few key points of the town. Connect back to your accommodation for lunch and spend the evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight will be as the night before at Lac Kivu hotel.
Day 4: Mount Nyiragongo Hike
- Mount Nyiragongo Hike: You will depart your hotel early morning and connect to the Grande Barrier- Congo border to report for your hike up the Nyiragongo volcano. Report to Bukima and embark on your hike uphill the Mount Nyiragongo with a night at the summit where you will enjoy the views of the active boiling lava lake.
Day 5: Descend Mount Nyiragongo & transfer to Bwindi
- Descend from the summit: You will go downhill Nyiragongo and get back to the trailhead by 11 am and;
- Transfer to Bwindi Forest: … further, connect to exit Congo transferring to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park via Rwanda-Cyanika border with an enroute lunch. Connect to your lodge in Bwindi for relaxation. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Haven Lodge.
- Note that; your Rwanda VISA expires immediately you cross into Congo so you will have to reapply for another while at the border and find it ready after the tour.
Day 6: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Gorilla Trekking Experience: Early morning after your breakfast at the hotel and your lunch is packed; you will be met by our driver-guide again who will take you to the park headquarters for the brief before you start off the trek. This brief is done at 7 am at the headquarters. Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi forest can take from 2 hours to almost half a day until the gorillas are finally met. When you finally encounter the gorillas, you are allowed one hour to admire these creatures but at a distance of 6 meters. After finishing the trek, you will then be taken for lunch and spend the evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Haven Lodge
Day 7: Cycling in Bwindi
- Cycling in Bwindi: Wake up to a tasty breakfast and connect to the cycling starting point in Buhoma. This trail is organized by the Buhoma Community Rest Camp, one of the accommodations in the region. It is one of their development initiatives and is also well maintained by the camp. This trail known as “Ride for a Woman” is a six to seven-hour round trip along the active 13-kilometer trail that has a lot to offer like the black and white colobus, red tailed monkeys and some wildlife like the bushbucks. You start off from the Buhoma park headquarters all the way to the Ivi River and back. Connect back to your accommodation before the sun goes down to cool off and dinner as the night before.
Day 8: Drive back to Kigali Rwanda
- Drive back to Kigali Rwanda: On this day you will have a breakfast pack your bags up ready to connect back to Kigali, check out of the hotel in time and meet your driver-guide. He will be waiting to drive you back to the airport for your flight back home
End of the 8 Days Nyiragongo Hike & Uganda Gorilla Tour
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Hike permit
- Cycling experience
- Park entrance fees
- Congo Visa
- Vehicle entrance fees
- all accommodation as per itinerary
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Full-time English/ French speaking driver/ guide
- Bottled mineral water while on safari
- Rwanda Visa fees
- Air tickets
- All items of personal nature like laundry, porterage, phone calls, beer, e.t.c
- Anything else not included in the itinerary
See also: 8 Days Rwanda and Nyiragongo hiking Safari