Top Activities in Rwanda 2021 During COVID-19
Top Activities in Rwanda 2021 During COVID-19: Covid-19 has affected a number of tourism destinations worldwide and among which included Rwanda, the land of 100 hills where you can take part in a number of activities for an amazing safari. After lifting the travel ban in Rwanda, a number of tourists interested in visiting the country have shown their interest by booking the different activities they can take part in for an amazing Rwanda safari during covid-19 and with the different standard operating procedures that are exercised by the different tourism stake holders in the different destinations of the country, it has enabled the country to be declared safe for travel by the world health organization therefore giving chance to tourists to take part in the top activities in Rwanda 2021 during covid-19.
Standard operating procedures to follow while your Rwanda safari
- As you take part in the top activities in Rwanda 2021 during covid-19, you should consider wearing a face mask at all time to avoid contracting covid-19 in case you come in contact with people with the virus. And while you wear your mask, you should put in mind to avoid touching the mask or your face if you have not sanitised.
- Maintaining physical distance while you take part in the different activities should be followed to avoid contracting the disease in case one of the tourists had contracted the disease.
- Regular sanitizing should be carried out to avoid getting the virus, regular sanitising helps to kill the virus n case you get access to contaminated surfaces. It should be noted that the corona virus will live on surfaces for more than 12 hours which makes it risky for travellers that do not opt for regular sanitising which can lead them to get in contract with the virus.
- At the different destinations where you can take part in the different, there has been a Cut down on the number of people that take part in the different activities to avoid overcrowding which can lead to the easy spread of the virus.
Top Activities to Take Part in
- Gorilla trekking is one of the top activities in Rwanda 2021 during covid-19 that you should not miss out on taking part in for a memorable Rwanda safari. The activity is carried out in Volcanoes national park, the home to half of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas that you can get to see when you hike the Virunga Mountains that is mount Muhabura, mount Gahinga, mount sabyinyo, mount karisimbi and mount Bisoke for an amazing safari. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda will give you the chance to observe the interesting behaviour of the primates understanding how they co-exist with one another, their feeding patterns etc
- Golden monkey trekking is among the top activities in Rwanda 2021 during covid-19 that you can take part in for an amazing safari and just like gorilla trekking in volcanoes national park, you can access the golden monkey troops by hiking the virunga mountains in the park to access the habituated troops.
- You should also take part in the memorable activity of Hiking the virunga mountains in volcanoes national park where you will get to see a number of rewarding attractions like the different primate species like the golden monkeys, black and white colobus monkeys, vervet monkey, dent’s monkey, mountain gorillas among other primate species, while hiking the mountains, you will also get the chance to see a number of bird species for tourists interested in understanding more about the endemic bird species like the long-crested eagle handsome Francolin, Rwenzori Batis Dusky turtle love, paradise flycatcher, archer’s ground robin, African Rwenzori, double collared sunbird, marsh harrier, Ruwenzori turaco, common moorhen Ruwenzori night jar, grey throated tit, the dusky crimson wing, red-faced woodland warbler among other rewarding attractions like the rewarding views of the twin lakes of Burera and Ruhondo you will get to see when you hike the virunga mountains.
- Chimpanzee trekking is another rewarding activity you can take part in among the top activities in Rwanda 2021 during covid-19 for an amazing rewarding Rwanda safari. Chimpanzee trekking in Rwanda is carried out in Nyungwe national park the primate hub in Rwanda where you will get to understand more about the different primate species in the country. Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe national park is carried out in either cyamudongo or Nyungwe forest where you will get to spend one hour with the chimpanzees observing their behaviour in the wild for an amazing experience.
- Interesting about the park is the fact that you can take part in a number of rewarding activities like hiking the different trails in the park that will lead you to a number of rewarding attractions like the Isumo waterfalls trail which will lead yopu to the magnificient falls where you will get to see rewarding bird species, a nmber of wildlife quenching their thirst fro the water, the igishigi trail that leads you to the cabopy walk way among other terails for a rewarding experience.