4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari
4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari is one of the most fascinating tours where a traveler will be engaged in the gorilla trekking twice on tour.
Highlights of the 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Day 1: Arrival in Kigali
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking Rwanda
- Day 3: Second Gorilla Trek
- Day 4: Drop off in Kigali
Day 1: Kigali City Tour Transfer to Volcanoes
- Arrival & City tour: Our representative will meet you at Kigali hotel or Kigali international airport for a brief Kigali city tour visiting the Kimironko market and Kigali Genocide Memorial grounds if interested then have lunch.
- Transfer to Volcanoes National Park: Later you will transfer you to Volcanoes national park where you will check in to 5 Volcanoes Gorilla Lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking Rwanda
- Gorilla Trekking: Breakfast will be served early and lunch will be packed. The briefing is at 7 am. Your guide will give you highlights of specific details about the way of life of the gorillas you will be tracking. The hike can take anything from 1 to 7 hours depending on the movements of the gorillas. Gorilla Trekking through the steep, bamboo slopes and then finally coming across the gorillas camouflaged in the vegetation is an inspiring and privileged moment. Once you reach the gorillas, you are allowed to spend one hour with them as you stand 6 meters away.
- Community tour: Upon completion of this magical encounter, you will drive you back to the lodge where you can relax in the afternoon or go for another walk to visit one of the communities around like Ibyiwacu cultural dance. Later return to your lodge at 5 Volcanoes Gorilla Lodge for overnight and dinner.
Day 3: Second Gorilla Trek
- Gorilla Trekking: Second day of gorilla trekking in a different sector of Volcanoes national park, heading for briefing at the headquarters. After a group of maximum, 8 people will be allocated and be given a guide. The hiking starts trekking for our cousin gorillas, on seeing them, you will be allowed for only 1 hour moving with them, taking pictures and enjoying your experience. It is only gorilla habituation where you are given extra hours in between 4-6 hours moving with the gorillas. Immediately after the expiry of the time allocated to you, you will go back to the starting point where you will meet your guide and go back to your hotel.
Day 4: Drop off in Kigali
- Departure: Depart the lodge for your booked accommodation in Kigali. If the city tour was not possible on day 1, you will take some time off to visit the genocide memorial centre before you depart Rwanda.
- Drop off: The driver will drop you off at your hotel as you will advise.
End of the 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari
Inclusions in the price:
- Airport transfers
- X2 Gorilla Tracking Permits
- Ground transport in a private 4WD safari vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary
- Fuel for the vehicle.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Bottled mineral water in the car
- International flight
- Visas fees
- Items of personal nature
- Tips and gratuities.
- Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature