Gorilla trekking permits in Rwanda during Corona Virus
Gorilla trekking permits in Rwanda during Corona Virus: Gorilla trekking in Rwanda is one of the most memorable activities that have been affected by the global pandemic which has led to the closure of border points and international airports in order to avoid the spread of the virus within the local communities which can also lead to the spread of the disease to the tourists, in the long run, therefore, the government’s need to protect the locals and the tourist, tourism activities were stopped in the battle to fight against coronavirus. Rwanda is one of the few countries in Africa which have opened up for tourism activities to take place during the global pandemic ad this has enabled tourists to fulfill their life dreams of tracking the gorillas. With coronavirus in Rwanda, there have been a number of changes that have ensured tourists feel safe during their stay in the country and also have memorable and affordable gorilla trekking activities.
The price of gorilla trekking permits before the outbreak of coronavirus was at a fee of 1500 USD that was only valid for one day of gorilla trekking in volcanoes national park. With corona virus having become a global pandemic, a lot in n the tourism sector changed including the price of gorilla trekking permit which decreased to 500USD which not only gives you the opportunity to track the gorillas at an affordable price but also have the chance to have safe activity at a cheap price. It should also be noted that East African Citizens will participate in the memorable activity at a fee of 200USD
PRECAUTIONS TO FOLLOW DURING GORILLA TREKKING
After obtaining a gorilla trekking permit in Uganda, you tourists are expected to follow the necessary precautions for a memorable gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda
- Tourists are expected to wear a face masks at all times to avoid the spread of corona virus
- Regular disinfection or cleaning of contaminated surfaces to avoid the spread of the virus
- Temperature screening for all tourists hat are interested in gorilla trekking for early detection of the virus
- Cashless payments are emphasized to avoid the spread of corona virus among the locals and the tourists since the virus can live on surfaces.
- Physical distancing should be maintained at least 1-2 metres away from one another to avoid the spread of the disease.
- Proper sanitation should be ensured where regular hand washing with clean running water and soap to avoid the spread of the virus
Inclusives of the gorilla trekking permits in Rwanda during Corona Virus are:
- Knowledgeable guide: With your gorilla trekking permit, you will have a chance of having a knowledgeable guide who will give you all the relevant information about the gorillas and in case of any questions, the guide is available to give you all information concerning the gorillas
- A ranger: The gorilla trekking permit will also allow you to be with a park ranger who will protect you during your gorilla trekking activity in the park during gorilla trekking, a ranger will accompany you to avoid being attacked by any wild animals in the park like the bushbucks, warthog, different primate species like the vervet monkey, Mona monkey among other animal species which can be a threat to life of the tourists. The duty of the ranger is to ensure that you have a safe activity while in the park.
- Park entrance fees: Once you obtain a gorilla trekking permit in the park, it should be noted that the tourist is not supposed to pay park entry fees because they are inclusive of the gorilla trekking permit.
- One hour to spend with the gorillas: Gorilla trekking in the park, will allow you to spend one hour with the gorilla during your gorilla trekking experience in the park.