4 Days Bwindi & Lake Bunyonyi Tour will introduce you to the greatest adventure in the wild where you will be able to visit Bwindi impenetrable national park, a park that is famous for inhabiting half of the world’s population of mountain gorillas which can be found in the different sectors of Buhoma, Nkuringo, Rushaga and Ruhija where gorilla trekking can be carried out the activity will offer amazing tour experiences.
Visiting the park will open a world of adventure to you where a number of bird species like African Emerald Cuckoo, Common Bulbul, African Blue, and White-tailed Blue Flycatchers and Red-headed Bluebill. A number of animal species including the duikers, antelopes, African forest elephants, baboons, L’hoest’s monkeys among others will be seen while at the park.
You will also visit the second deepest lake in Africa Lake Bunyonyi which is also a birder’s paradise with over 300 bird species and a number of attractions including the islands you will go canoeing on the lake and also enjoy community walks where you will have a chance to engage with the Batwa community.
Highlights of the 4 Days Bwindi & Lake Bunyonyi Tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking, community walks
- Day 3: Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 4: Transfer back to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Transfer to Bwindi: From a location of your choice in Kampala City, our driver will pick you up and brief you on your 4 Days Bwindi & Lake Bunyonyi Tour. After the brief, you will embark on your journey to Bwindi impenetrable national park where an adventure awaits you. Through the Kampala Masaka highway, you will have a stopover at the equator for photography and you can also participate in the water experiment to determine the northern and southern hemispheres in which the water experiment will determine that you are in both hemispheres. From the equator, you will have your second stopover at Igongo cultural centre for lunch and after a relaxing meal, you will make your way to Bwindi impenetrable national park. Check-in your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: After an early morning breakfast and your packed lunch, our guide will pick you up from your hotel and head to the briefing point in the park where the guide/ranger will tell you the dos and don’ts while in contact with the gorillas, for example, you should not in the presence of the gentle giants. After the briefing you will head into the process and hike to the gorillas, through the forest, you will come across numerous bird and butterfly species, a number of primate species like the monkeys, baboons, animal species like the bushbucks and as you get closer to the gorillas, you will hear the gentle giants making noises and this will be the peak point of your Gorilla trekking activity, you will be allowed to spend an hour with the giants watching them groom one another, feed and many other daily activities.
- Community Walk: Once the activity is down you will head back to your hotel for relaxation and later in the evening head to the community for community walks to see how the people carry out their daily lives near the park. After you will head back to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi: After early morning breakfast, you will transfer to Lake Bunyonyi, the deepest lake in Uganda where a number of attractions can be seen including the bird species, the different islands which have a rich history once told and the local communities. You will have lunch in Kisoro as you make way to Lake Bunyonyi. On reaching the lake, you will be welcomed by a cool breeze and the sound of the birds the name Bunyonyi means small birds which makes sense with a number of bird species that can be seen making it a birder’s paradise.
- Canoeing: You will go canoeing on the lake to see the different islands including the punishment island, the different bird species. After you will head to your hotel for lunch and relaxation and later on in the evening, you will go for community walks to see the Batwa community an indigenous group of people with interesting cultures. After the day’s activities, you will head back to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Transfer to Rwanda
- Return to Kampala: After early morning breakfast, you will check out of your hotel and embark on your journey back to Kampala. You will have lunch at Igongo cultural centre and continue your way to Kampala with great memories of Lake Bunyonyi and Bwindi impenetrable national park. Our guide will drop you at a location of your choice in Kampala.
End of the 4 Days Bwindi & Lake Bunyonyi Tour
Trip Inclusions 4 Days Bwindi & Lake Bunyonyi Tour
- Pickup and drop off in Kampala
- An English speaking guide
- gorilla trekking permit
- Entrance permits
- community walk
- Meals and bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Canoeing fees
Trip exclusions of the 4 Days Bwindi & Lake Bunyonyi Tour
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Uganda visa fees
- Activities that are not included in the itinerary