5 Days Gorilla & Wildlife Safari is one of the most interesting tours in Rwanda where travellers get to engage in gorilla trekking & wildlife tours. 5 Days Gorilla & Wildlife Safari will give you the ultimate wildlife experience with the 2 Uganda national parks that shouldn’t be missed out on while on the East African safari or a Uganda safari tour. The 5 Days Gorilla & Wildlife Safari will enable you to visit Bwindi impenetrable national park where you will take part in the gorilla trekking experience in Buhoma sector, Nkuringo sector, ruhija sector or Rushaga depending on your gorilla tracking permit.
Still, in Bwindi impenetrable, the Batwa trail experience will be part of the experience in the gorilla park where we can see number attractions while at the different trails attractions like the numerous bird species which are over 300 in number, animal species like the elephants, bushbucks, warthogs among others. In Queen Elizabeth national park a park that was named after the Queen of England Queen Elizabeth11 will fulfil all your wildlife desires with a number of features that can be seen including the tree-climbing lions, four of the big five animals the elephants, leopards, lions and the buffalos. In Queen Elizabeth national park you will have the chance to see the tree-climbing lions which will make the parks you ultimate safari destinations.
Highlights of the 5 Days Gorilla & Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park, lion tracking
- Day 4: Morning game drive, evening boat cruise
- Day 5: Transfer back to Kampala ( Kampala city tour)
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Transfer to Bwindi: Depending on your location in Kampala City, our guide will pick you at exactly 7 am and brief you on your 5 Days Gorilla & Wildlife Safari. The drive to the park from Kampala will take approximately 4-6 hours. Where you will pass through different towns like Lukaya where the aroma of roasted meat will hit you. The place for a long time has provided refreshments and high quality roasted kinds of meat to travellers. Through this town, you will have a chance to try out the delicious meat. On reaching Kayabwe, you will have the equator experience where you will pose at the equator and experiments of the north and southern hemispheres will be carried out where you will find out that at that particular place, you are in both the northern and the southern hemisphere.
- Igongo Cultural Center: Lunch will be served at Igongo cultural centre, an amazing traditional centre where you will be able to see the evolution of the Ugandan culture for instance money, dress code and a number of other attraction. The centre has a museum which will show the different households of the people from western Uganda, the restaurant at the centre offer different cultural dishes like millet bread, dishes made with locally/ handmade ghee which is quite an adventure to taste the authentic dishes. After lunch at the Igongo cultural centre, you will proceed your way through Kabale where you will visit Lake Bunyonyi the deepest lake in Uganda.
- Lake Bunyonyi: At the lake, you will take part in the boat ride at the lake where you will also visit the different islands with their unique history. From the lake, you will proceed on your journey to Bwindi impenetrable national park where you will check in your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: After early morning breakfast and packed lunch, tourists will embark their journey to carry out gorilla trekking the activity. Depending on your permit, you will transfer to the sector where the gorilla family you’re going to trek is. The activity will involve you hiking through the rugged terrain and it can take a given amount of time approximately 2-6 hours but with the help of the guide, it will be easy to locate the gentle giants. On locating and coming into contact with the gorillas, you will spend one hour with them and here you can take pictures of them, watch how they groom one another, how they live amongst one another which is quite interesting to watch.
- Batwa Trail Experience: After the one hour with the gorillas is done you will then embark on your Batwa trail experience (optional) where you will meet an exciting group of people the Batwa who are forest people that survive on forest products. These are mainly hunters who hunt small living creatures of the wild and collect fruit as a source of food. The encounter with an interesting group of people will offer memorable experiences. Alternatively, you can also participate in nature walks on the different trails in the park where you will come across different attractions like the numerous bird species, primate species and the peaks of the Virunga Mountains. After the activities, you will proceed to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast lunch and dinner
Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Transfer to Queen: After an early morning breakfast you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park through the ishasha sector where you can see the tree-climbing lions for the ultimate lion tracking experience where the tree climbing lions will be seen which is quite a mesmerising trait that the lions in the park posses which is quite unique from the lions around the world. It is believed the lions climb trees to keep an eye on their potential prey like the kobs. A number of animal species including the elephants, antelopes, Elephants, Hyenas, Leopards and Buffaloes will be seen during the drive through the sector to the other parts of the park. After you will transfer to your hotel for lunch and get ready for the evening game drive.
- Game Drive: During your evening game drive you will have a chance to see a number of animals catching their last bites for the day in the plains as they get ready to go to their resting place animals like zebras, elephants, elands, antelopes, crocodiles can be seen sun basking, leopards, lions, hyenas are easily seen during the evening games drives because they come out of hiding in order to hunt for their prey which is a thrilling adventure to see. After the game drive, you will head back to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Morning Game Drive & Evening Boat Cruise
- Game Drive: After an early breakfast, you will go a morning game drive where you will have the opportunity to see a number of early risers grazing in the plains, for instance, the antelopes, buffaloes, elands, impalas among other animal species. You will then transfer to the ishasha sector for the ultimate lion tracking experience where the tree climbing lions will be seen which is quite a mesmerising trait that the lions in the park posses which is quite unique from the lions around the world. It is believed the lions climb trees t keep an eye on their potential prey like the kobs. After the exciting adventure, you will then head back to your hotel for lunch and relax as you await the evening boat cruise.
- Boat Cruise: After your beautiful lunch, you will then head to the boat cruise along the Kazinga channel which will offer a vast look at the landscape including a number of water birds like shoe bill stork, flamingos, king fishers great cormorant, little grebe, northern lapwing, red-necked grebe, wandering albatross pied. Animals like the hippos elephants, waterbucks buffalos, crocodiles can also be seen sun-basking among other animals. After the beautiful adventure, you will head back to your hotel to relax and get ready for the next day. Alternatively, you can carry out nature walks or community walks after you will head back to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Chimpanzee trekking & Departure
- Chimpanzee Trekking: After early morning breakfast, with your packed lunch, you will be transferred to the kyambura gorge also known as the valley of apes in the eastern part of the park. The forest has a number of primate species including the red tailed monkeys, olive baboons, white colobus monkeys, red Columbus monkeys At the steep slopes of the valley, a number of bird species can be seen like the greater and lesser flamingos, African skimmer, papyrus canary white tailed lark papyrus eagle owl lesser, shoebill. On reaching the forest loud hoots of the chimpanzees will be heard from a distance, the guide will brief you on the activity and afterwards you will continue deep in the forest where you will meet a number of chimpanzees and you will be able to observe them for a period of time. You will be able to see them jump from one tree branch to another, how they groom, eat and so many more.
- Return to Kampala: After the primate encounter, you will transfer back to and transfer back to Kampala, through Mbarara town, you will have a stopover to have lunch at the Igongo cultural centre where you will visit the craft shop and you can buy some take at home souvenir and proceed your way to. In Kampala where our guide will drop you at the location of your choice and the end of your trip.
End of the 5 Days Gorilla & Wildlife Safari
- Pickup and drop off in Kampala
- An English speaking guide
- Entrance permits
- Igongo cultural centre
- Meals and bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Game drives
- Boat cruise
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Nature walks
- amabere ganyinamwiru caves permit
- Kampala city tour
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- lion tracking experience
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Uganda visa fees
- Activities that are not included in the itinerary