3 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking Safari
3 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking Safari will give you the opportunity to visit Virunga national park where you will get to visit the home to the endangered mountain gorillas and the home to the world’s largest lava lake that can be found on Mount Nyiragongo. The national park will ensure that you will have an amazing experience while you participate in gorilla trekking where you will have the opportunity to understand the behavior of the primates by observing them in the wild with the activity, you will get to see their feeding patterns, their grooming patterns and how they co-exist with one another for a memorable safaris in the park.
Highlights of your trip
Day 1: Transfer to Kibumba tented camp
Day 2: Virunga Gorilla Trekking in Congo
Day 3: Transfer to Kigali
Day 1: Transfer to Virunga National Park
- Transfer to Virunga: On day one of your 3 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking Safari, you will be met by your guide a representative of our tour company who will welcome you to the country and give you a briefing session of your 3 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking Safari. From Kigali city, your guide will transfer you to Goma and lead you to the Grande barrier for check-in, purchasing of permits for the activities in the park. You will be picked by the park staff which will transfer you to Kibumba tented camp just near the trailhead of Nyiragongo volcano for lunch, dinner, and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
- Accommodation: Kibumba tented Camp
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: On day two of your 3 days gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park after your early morning breakfast, you will report to Bukima post where you will participate in the briefing session and with your passports and your gorilla trekking permit you will participate in the registration process you will also have a briefing session about gorilla trekking in the park where you will get to know the rules and regulations to follow during the activity and when you get in contact with the gorillas and later on head to the forest to participate in gorilla trekking. During the activity, you will get to see a number of attractions like numerous bird species like; primates likes; for memorable primate safaris in virunga national park. When you get to the Congo gorilla families, you will have amazing experiences with the primates by observing their behavior in the park, for instance, their feeding patterns, their grooming patterns and how they co-exist with one another and at the end of your safari you will take pictures of the primates and you will head back to your hotel for your latte lunch, leisure dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Day 3: Transfer to Kigali
- Transfer to Kigali: On day 3 of your 3 days gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park, after early morning breakfast, you will connect with your guide and transfer to back to Kigali.
- Departure: Depending on your departure flight time, you will participate in the Kigali city tour where you will visit Kigali Genocide Memorial Museum and visit the largest market in Rwanda Kimironko market where you will get to buy a number of souvenirs, fruits, African fabrics among other items after your Kigali City tour, you will be dropped off at a location of your choice in Kigali city or Kigali international airport and the end of your 3 days gorilla trekking in virunga National Park.
End of the 3 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking Safari
- All activities on the itinerary
- all accommodation as per itinerary
- 4X4 safari vehicle and Fuel
- Pick up and Drop off at Entebbe
- Full time English speaking driver/ guide
- Bottled mineral water while on safari
- Visa fees
- Air tickets
- All items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, and beer.