6 Days Virunga Classic Package
6 Days Virunga Classic Package is one of the different packages that are offered to people interested in taking in a number of different activities in the park like gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park, golden monkey trekking in virunga national park, virunga mountains hike in Congo among other rewarding activities. The virunga classic package will give you the opportunity to participate in gorilla trekking and Mount Nyiragongo hike which will offer rewarding experiences during your Congo safaris. Interesting about the packages is the fact that it caters for tourists interested in participating in the safaris on Mondays and Wednesdays and it starts from Goma.
Highlights of your safari
- Day 1: transfer to virunga national park
- Day 2: First Gorilla Trek.
- Day 3: Second Gorilla Trek.
- Day 4: Relaxation
- Day 5: Mount Nyiragongo Hike
- Day 6: Descend Mount Nyiragongo and connect to Kigali
Detailed itinerary for your safari
Day 1: Transfer to virunga national park
- Transfer to virunga: On the first day of your 6 days virunga classic package upon your arrival in Rwanda at Kigali International Airport where you will be met by your guide for your safari who will pick you from the airport and transfer you to Goma where you will be transferred to the Congo boarder at the Grand Barrier for check in, issuing of the necessary permits will be carried out, you will get your gorilla trekking permit among other permits, visas and many more thereafter you will transfer to Virunga National Park the world’s largest lava lake that can be found on mount Nyiragongo and the home to the home to the endangered mountain gorillas that can be seen during gorilla trekking in Congo gorilla families among other interesting activities in the park. On arrival to Mikeno Lodge you will leisure, including exploring Rumangabo’s nature trails, bird watching among other activities. You will head back to your hotel for relaxation dinner and overnight.
Day 2: First Gorilla Trek
- First Gorilla Trek: On day two of your 6 days virunga classic package after your early morning breakfast, you will report to Bukima post where you will participate in the briefing session and with your passports and your gorilla trekking permit you will participate in the registration process you will also have a briefing session about gorilla trekking in the park where you will get to know the rules and regulations to follow during the activity and when you get in contact with the gorillas and later on head to the forest to participate in gorilla trekking. During the activity, you will get to see a number of attractions like numerous bird species like; primates likes; for memorable primate safaris in virunga national park. When you get to the Congo gorilla families, you will have amazing experiences with the primates by observing their behaviour in the park for instance their feeding patterns, their grooming patterns and how they co-exist with one another and at the end of your safari you will take pictures of the primates and you will head back to your hotel for your late lunch, leisure dinner and over night.
Day 3: Second Gorilla Trek.
- Second Gorilla Trek: On the third day of your 6 days virunga classic package after an early morning breakfast at your hotel with your packed lunch, you will be transferred to Bukima post where you will be briefed on your second gorilla trekking experience in the park. The second gorilla experience will ensure you get to know more about the primates with another one hour you get to spend with the gorillas after the rewarding experiences, you will head back to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Relaxation
- Relaxation: On the fourth day of your 6 days virunga classic package, after a number of days of participating in a number of activities, on this day you will relax, explore and enjoy the peaceful surroundings of Mikeno Lodge.
Day 5: Nyiragongo Hike
- Nyiragongo Hike: On the fifth day of your 6 days virunga classic package after an early morning breakfast at your hotel, report to Bukima and start your Nyiragongo hike in Virunga National Park. Get ready to see the impact of Volcanic eruption on the surrounding areas in the park where you will see new forests rejuvenating from what was destroyed by the lava, you will get to see a number of bird species as you hike the slopes in the rejuvenating forests therefore you should not miss out on packing binoculars to see the amazing species. When you get to the summit, you will have an overnight stay there and as the sun sets, get ready for the mountain to come to life with the world’s largest lava lake which will offer amazing experience. Get ready to see lava boiling and rising underneath the earth’s crust, earth quakes rumbling underneath the crust for an amazing time in the park and with you wild dinner at the summit you will have the most rewarding Congo safaris in Virunga National Park .
Day 6: Descend Nyiragongo and connect to Kigali
- Descend Nyiragongo and connect to Kigali: On day four of 6 days virunga classic package after an early morning breakfast, you will descend mount Nyiragongo, once at the bottom, you will be transported back to Goma and drop off at the Grande barrier for border crossing where you will be picked by your guide who will transfer you to Rwanda where you will be dropped off at a location of your choice in Kigali for lunch and transferred to Kigali international airport and the end of your safari. Alternatively depending on your departure time, you can participate in the Kigali city tour which will offer amazing experiences as you get to learn more about the people of Rwanda for instance if you visit the Kigali genocide memorial museum you will understand more about the events that led to the occurrence of the 1994 Rwanda genocide as you visit the different exhibition areas in the museum which will give you an insight of what happened during the dark period in the country you will also visit the presidential palace where the plane of the then president of Rwanda Habyarimana Juvenale was shot down and this led to his death and this sparked the massive killings of the Tutsis and hence the 1994 Rwanda genocide. During the Kigali city tour you will also visit Kimironko market where you will purchase a number of products made by the locals for instance a number of African fabrics, souvenirs among other interesting products, fresh organic fruits you will have lunch and the end of your 6 days virunga classic package.
End of 6 Days Virunga Classic Package
- Airport Pick up and drop off
- 4X4 Safari vehicle and fuel
- Full time English speaking Guide/Driver.
- All accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Bottled drinking water while on safari.
- Air tickets.
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, email, laundry, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary, Portage and wait staff gratuity