6 Days Virunga & Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking safari
6 Days Virunga & Volcanoes gorilla trekking safari will offer amazing experiences in virunga and Volcanoes national park where you will get to participate in a number of activities when you visit Congo in virunga national park. You will get to participate in gorilla trekking in virunga national park where you will get to understand more about the Congo gorilla families, understanding their behavior in the wild, you will also have amazing experiences by hiking one of the world’s most active volcanic mountains where you will get to see the world’s largest lava lake which can be seen at the summit of mount Nyiragongo when you hike the mountain. During your 6 days Virunga and Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking you will also visit Rwanda you will get to participate in gorilla trekking in Rwanda, visit the Ibyiwacu village where you will get to know the culture of the Rwandans as you get entertained with cultural dances and plays, you will also get to participate in the Kigali city tour where you will have rewarding experiences around the different sites in Kigali city for amazing 6 days virunga and volcanoes gorilla trekking safari.
Highlights of the 6 Days Virunga & Volcanoes gorilla trekking safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Virunga National Park
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking
- Day 3: Descend Mount Nyiragongo and Transfer to Ruhengeri
- Day 4: Descend Mount Nyiragongo and Transfer to Ruhengeri
- Day 5: Gorilla trekking in volcanoes national park
- Day 6: Transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Transfer to Virunga National Park
- Transfer to Virunga: On day one of your 6 Days Virunga and Volcanoes Gorilla trekking , you will be met by your guide a representative our tour company who will welcome you to the country and give you a briefing session of your 5 Days Virunga and Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking from Kigali city, your guide will transfer you to Goma and lead you to the Grande barrier for check in, purchasing of permits for the activities in the park. You will be picked by the park staff that will transfer you to Kibumba tented camp just near the trailhead of Nyiragongo volcano for lunch, dinner and over night.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in virunga national park
- Gorilla Trekking in virunga: On day two of your 6 Days Virunga and Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking after your early morning breakfast, you will report to Bukima post where you will participate in the briefing session and with your passports and your gorilla trekking permit you will participate in the registration process you will also have a briefing session about gorilla trekking in Virunga where you will get to know the rules and regulations to follow during the activity and when you get in contact with the gorillas and later on head to the forest to participate in gorilla trekking. During the activity, you will get to see a number of attractions like numerous bird species like; primates likes; for memorable primate safaris in virunga national park. When you get to the Congo gorilla families, you will have amazing experiences with the primates by observing their behavior in the park for instance their feeding patterns, their grooming patterns and how they co-exist with one another and at the end of your safari you will take pictures of the primates and you will head back to your hotel for your late lunch, leisure dinner and over night.
Day 3: Mount Nyiragongo hike
- Mount Nyiragongo hike: On day three of your 6 Days Virunga and Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking after an early morning breakfast, you will be transferred to Bukima area of the park where you will get ready for mount Nyiragongo hike by participating in the briefing session of the hike. After the session, you will embark on your journey to one of the world’s most active volcanic mountain as you get ready to see the impact of Volcanic eruption on the surrounding areas in the park where you will see new forests rejuvenating from what was destroyed by the lava, you will get to see a number of bird species as you hike the slopes in the rejuvenating forests therefore you should not miss out on packing binoculars to see the amazing species. When you get to the summit, you will have overnight stay there, you will get to see the sun set, get ready for the mountain to come to life with the world’s largest lava lake which will offer amazing experience. You will to see lava boiling and rising underneath the earth’s crust, earth quakes rumbling underneath the crust for an amazing time in the park and with you wild dinner at the summit you will have the most rewarding Congo safaris in Virunga National Park .
Day 4: Descend Mount Nyiragongo and Transfer to Ruhengeri
- Descend mount Nyiragongo and Transfer to Ruhengeri: On the fourth day of your 6 Days Virunga and Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking safari after an early morning breakfast, you will descend mount Nyiragongo after a night of rewarding experiences at the summit with amazing views of the lava lake, you will head to Ruhengeri the home to volcanoes National Park where you will transfer to a hotel near the park for refreshments and lunch. In the evening you can participate in community walks where you will have amazing experiences visiting the local communities understanding their culture through traditional dance, local dishes that are prepared by the locals as they are entertained. in the evening you will transfer back to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5: Gorilla trekking in volcanoes national park
- Gorilla trekking in volcanoes: On day 2 of your 6 Days Virunga and Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking safari after an early morning breakfast at your hotel and with your packed lunch your guide will transfer you to Volcanoes national park headquarters where you go through the briefing session about the Rwanda gorilla trekking guidelines and later on they will then be assigned a Rwanda gorilla family to trek and you will then hike the different virunga mountains to get to the family, during the activity you will get to see a number of attractions like a number of bird species, primates but when you get to the gorilla family you will have an amazing time observing the behavior of the primates, you will also get to take pictures of the primates to have an amazing time in the park and upon your completion of the activity you will be transferred to your hotel for relaxation, dinner, and overnight.
Day 6: Transfer back to Kigali
- Transfer back to Kigali: On day 6 days Virunga and Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking , after an early morning breakfast your guide will pick you and transfer you back to Kigali city. During the drive you will get a stopover in Gisenyi where you will catch a glimpse of Lake Kivu and also participate in some activities like birding, nature walks where you will observe how the locals engage with the lake, for instance, you will see how they carry out fishing on the lake, you will also get to see a number of fish stalls from which you can buy fish among other interesting activities later on you will transfer to Kigali city for lunch and your guide will drop you at a location of your choice in Kigali city and the end of your 6 days Virunga and Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking. Alternatively, you can participate in a Kigali city tour where you will visit the Kigali genocide memorial museum where you will find out more about the 1994 Rwanda genocide memorial, you will also visit Kimironko market the largest market in Rwanda and after your safari, you will be dropped off at a location of your choice in Kigali city or Kigali international airport.
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Park entrance fees
- Congo visa
- Vehicle entrance fees
- all accommodation as per itinerary
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Full-time English/ French speaking driver/ guide
- Bottled mineral water while on safari
- Rwanda Visa fees
- Air tickets
- All items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, beer
- Anything else not included in the itinerary