9 Days Best of Congo safari
9 Days Best of Congo safari will let you explore the democratic republic of Congo as you get to visit Kahuzi Biega national park and Virunga national park where you can participate in low land gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park and mountain gorilla trekking in virunga national park the home to the world’s largest lava lake on the summit of mount Nyiragongo. During the 9 days Congo safari it will ensure that you get to understand the difference between the mountain and low land gorillas as you get to spend time with the habituated gorilla families in the park and other added benefits where you will visit a number of captivating sites in the country for memorable safaris.
Highlights of your 9 Days Best of Congo safari
- Day 1: Arrival in Kigali
- Day 2: Transfer to Bukavu
- Day 3: Gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega.
- Day 3: Gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega.
- Day 4: Transfer to Goma
- Day 5: Transfer to Virunga National Park
- Day 6: Virunga Gorilla Trekking in Congo
- Day 7: Mount Nyiragongo Hike
- Day 8: Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Gisenyi
- Day 9: Transfer to Kigali
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali
- Arrival in Kigali: On day one of your 9 days Best of Congo safari, at a location of your choice in Kigali city or Kigali international airport, a representative of our tour company will pick you up and take you through a briefing session of your 9 Days Best of Congo safari. After a briefing session about what to expect during your safari, the rules and regulations to follow for a memorable safari in the country, after the session, you will participate in a Kigali city tour and later on, you will have lunch and transfer to your hotel for refreshments, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Transfer to Bukavu
- Transfer to Bukavu: On day two of your 9 days Congo safari after an early morning breakfast, you will be picked by your guide from your hotel in Kigali and drive southwards to Cyangugu border and make your way to Bukavu in DR Congo. You will have a stopover in Butare, where you will visit the national museum of Rwanda, the king’s palace in Nyanza, and the. After lunch, continue on a scenic journey to Bukavu with wonderful views of the hills in Rwanda through the tropical forest of Nyungwe National park and a clear view of Lake Kivu.
Day 3: Gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega
- Gorilla trekking: On day 3 of your 9 days Best o Congo safari, After an early morning breakfast at your hotel, you will head o the park to participate in the memorable adventure of tracking the lowland gorillas in Kahuzi Biega national park. During gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega national park, you will get to spend an hour with the lowland gorillas as you get to spend more time with the gorillas as you understand the differences between the mountain and low land gorillas, you will get to see their feeding patterns, how they establish their families among other interesting features.
Day 4: Transfer to Goma
- Transfer to Goma: On day four of your 9 Best Of days Congo safari after early morning breakfast you will be picked by your guide for the safari who will transfer you from Bukavu to Goma which takes 3-4 hours. Upon arrival in Goma, you will transfer to your hotel for refreshments, relaxation and later in the afternoon, you will participate in the Goma city tour and after return back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5: Transfer to Virunga National Park
- Transfer to Virunga: On day five of your 9 days Congo safari at 11.30 am, your guide will pick you up from your Hotel and transfer to Virunga National Park a home to the world’s largest lava lake that can be found on mount Nyiragongo and the home to the home to the endangered mountain gorillas that can be seen during gorilla trekking in Congo. When you reach the park, you will transfer to your lodge for lunch and refreshments. In the evening, you will have dinner relaxation as you get ready for next day’s activities. Alternatively, you can participate in the afternoon nature walk and bird watching in Kibumba Village and after the activity you will transfer back to your hotels for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 6: Virunga Gorilla Trekking in Congo
- Virunga Gorilla Trekking: On day 6 of your days Congo safari, after an early breakfast at Kibumba Tented Camp, trekkers will head down the hill to meet their ranger guides and have a briefing before the gorilla trek you will embark on your gorilla trekking activity the activity and when you get in contact with the gorillas and later on head to the forest to participate in gorilla trekking. During the activity, you will get to see a number of attractions like numerous bird species like; primates likes; for memorable primate safaris in virunga national park. When you get to the Congo gorilla families, you will have amazing experiences with the primates by observing their behavior in the park, for instance, their feeding patterns, their grooming patterns and how they co-exist with one another and at the end of your safari you will take pictures of the primates and you will head back to your hotel for your late lunch, leisure dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Mount Nyiragongo Hike
- Mount Nyiragongo Hike: On day 7 of your 9 days Best of Congo safari after early morning breakfast at your hotel, with your packed lunch you will depart your hotel in Goma early morning to report to Bukima and start your Mount Nyiragongo hike you will have amazing views of the world’s largest lava lake with amazing views of the lava boiling underneath the earth’s crust, rumbling and earthquake for amazing experiences in the park you will have overnight at the summit.
Day 8: Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Gisenyi
- Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Gisenyi: On day 8 of your 9 days Congo safari, after an early morning breakfast, you will descend mount Nyiragongo, once at the bottom, you will be transported back to Goma and drop off at the Grande barrier for border crossing where you will be picked by your guide who will transfer you Gisenyi, Rwanda for refreshments, overnight stay as you await next day’s activities. Alternatively, you can participate in a Gisenyi tour for memorable safaris where you will get to see how the locals carry out their daily activities and many more.
Day 9: Transfer to Kigali
- Transfer to Kigali: On day 9 of your 9 Days Congo safari, After early morning breakfast in the park, your guide will transfer you to Kigali city and take part in the Kigali city tour, on reaching Kigali city you will have lunch and after you will participate in the Kigali city tour where you will visit Rwanda’s larges market Kimironko market where you will get to see how Rwandans carry out their daily activities you can also buy souvenirs to take back at home, you will also visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial museum where you will get to know more about the Rwanda genocide and the events that led to the unfortunate event in the country after the tour you will have lunch and later on transfer to akagera national park at your hotel were you will have relaxation, dinner and overnight stay.
End of the 9 Days Best of Congo safari
- Pickup and drop off in kigali
- An English speaking guide
- Entrance permits
- Meals and bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Game drives
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- visa fees
- Activities that are not included on the itinerary