2 Days Mount Karisimbi Hike
2 Days Mount Karisimbi Hike itinerary will give you the opportunity to hike one of the Virunga Mountains in the Park where you will get an amazing time during your Rwanda Safaris. Located in Volcanoes National Park a home to the endangered mountain gorillas and the endangered golden monkey species that can be seen along the different virunga mountains that is Mount Gahinga, Mount Bisoke, Mount Muhabura, Mount Sabyinyo, and Mount Karisimbi.
Among the different virunga mountains in the park, Mount Karisimbi will offer the most amazing experiences during your Rwanda tour because you will get to see a number of attractions like the Ruwenzori turaco, road throated alethe, kivu ground thrush, Ruwenzori dark collared sunbird, mountain sparked Apalis, Regal Sunbird, stripe breasted tit, you will also get to see a number of primate species like dent’s monkey, vervet monkey, Rwenzori colobus monkey among other primates. Interesting about mountain karisimbi hike is the fact that it is the 5th highest Mountain in Africa which is will be an amazing adventure in the park for you to take part in the hike.
Highlights of the 2 days Mount Karisimbi hike
- Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Volcanoes National Park.
- Day 2: Reach the summit, descend and return to Kigali
Day 1: Pick up and Transfer to Volcanoes National Park.
- Transfer to Volcanoes: On day one of your 2 days mount Karisimbi hike, At 5 am Depending on your location either at Kigali International Airport or in Kigali city you will be welcomed by your guide a representative of our tour company who will give you a briefing session of your 2 days Mount Karisimbi Hike where you will get to know the rules and regulations to follow to have a safe and amazing time during your stay in Rwanda. After the briefing session, you will then be transferred to Volcanoes national park and get ready to have the most rewarding experiences during the tour where you will see a number of unique landforms like a lake the hilly areas, you will get to see a number of coffee plantations and tea plantations as you get to the park. You will transfer to the park headquarters where you will be briefed about Mount Karisimbi hike and after you will embark on your hike to the summit, you will get to see a number of attractions like numerous bird species like Ruwenzori turaco, road throated alethe, kivu ground thrush, Ruwenzori dark collared sunbird, mountain sparked Apalis, Regal Sunbird, stripe breasted tit and because the hike takes two days for a tourist and at 3700m you will stop at the first camping site for dinner and overnight
Day 2: Reach the summit, descend and return to Kigali
- Descend and return to Kigali: On day2 of your 2 days Mount karisimbi hike, after an early morning wild breakfast as you watch amazing views from the Mount Karisimbi, you will embark on your hike to the summit where you will get to hike through thick vegetation and when you get to the summit, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the amazing views of the mountain and the neighboring virunga mountains like Mount Bisoke and Mount Muhabura, you will then descend the mountain, where your guide will be waiting for you at the headquarters and connect you to Kigali city for refreshments and lunch. After lunch, you will be taken on your Kigali city tour where you will visit kimironko market where you will get to buy a number of souvenirs and see the way Rwandans conduct their business and later you will be dropped off at a location of your choice in Kigali city and that will mark the end of your 2 days Mount Karisimbi hike
End of your 2 days Mount Karisimbi hike
- Hike permits Meals
- 4X4 Safari vehicle and fuel
- Full time English speaking Guide/Driver.
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Airport Pick up and drop off
- Bottled drinking water while on safari.
- Air tickets.
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, email, laundry, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary, Portage and wait staff gratuity.