4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Trekking Tour is a Rwanda Primates Tour that will take you to Volcanoes National Park and to Nyungwe for trekking the primates.
Highlights of the 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Trekking Tour
- Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Ruhengeri
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Parc National Des Volcans
- Day 3: Transfer to Nyungwe
- Day 4: Chimpanzee tracking and Departure
Details of this 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Trekking Tour
Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Ruhengeri
- Arrival and transfer to Ruhengeri: You will be welcomed by our guide transfer to Kigali city for a short city tour where you will visit the genocide memorial site. Later in the afternoon, you will transfer to Ruhengeri town for dinner and overnight
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Parc National Des Volcans
- Gorilla Trekking: On day 2 of the 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Trekking Tour, you will wake up to early breakfast and later head out for briefing from the park officials. After you will set off for the gorilla trekking. This experience of gorilla trekking is a once in a lifetime adventure. The rangers will lead you deep into the forest in search of the Gorillas. You will trek in the forest until you finally meet the gorillas and then you will be given 1 hour to observe and take pictures. After that, you will head back to meet your guide and then head back to the lodge.
- Cultural Experience: In the afternoon you may go for an optional village tour for a cultural experience with a resident local guide. Return for dinner and overnight
Day 3: Transfer to Nyungwe
- Transfer to Nyungwe: Breakfast will be served early and embark on the drive to Nyungwe forest national park with lunch en-route. While traveling, you will have stopovers for sightseeing, bird watching and if necessary, take some pictures. Dinner and overnight
Day 4: Chimpanzee tracking and Departure
- Chimpanzee Trekking: On the Final Day of the 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Trekking Tour, you will enjoy breakfast and go for briefing before entering the forest for chimpanzee trekking, searching for the active and playful fellows in the Nyungwe forest. The Chimpanzees are easy to spot, as they jump from one tree to another, chattering and laughing. Chimp trekking usually takes about 3 hours.
- Departure: You will then transfer back to Kigali with lunch enroute. If the city tour wasn’t possible on the day of arrival, you will have a brief city tour and transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- Airport Pick up and drop off
- Gorilla Permit
- Chimpanzee permit
- 4X4 Safari vehicle and fuel
- Full-time English speaking Guide/Driver.
- All accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals at the hotel
- Bottled drinking water while on safari.
- Air tickets.
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, email, laundry, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary, Portage and wait staff gratuity