10 Days Uganda and Rwanda safari
10 Days Uganda and Rwanda safari will ensure you have an amazing time during your safaris by taking part in a number of activities like gorilla trekking in volcanoes national park, golden monkey trekking in volcanoes national park, boat cruise on lake kivu where you will see a number of attractions like the different primate and bird species, chimpanzee trekking and canopy walk in Nyungwe national park among other activities. you will also get to visit Uganda where you will visit queen Elizabeth national park the home to four of the big five animals in Uganda and Bwindi impenetrable national park where you will take part in gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park that will make your 10 days Uganda and Rwanda safari memorable
Highlights of your 10 Days Uganda and Rwanda safari
- Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 2: Early morning game drive and Evening boat cruise
- Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable National park
- Day 4: Gorilla trekking
- Day 5: Transfer to Volcanoes National park
- Day 6: Golden monkey trekking
- Day 7: Dian Fossey hike and Transfer to Lake Kivu
- Day 8: Transfer to Nyungwe forest National Park
- Day 9: Chimpanzee tracking and canopy walk
- Day 10: Transfer to Kigali
Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Arrival and Transfer to Queen: On day one of your 10 days Uganda and Rwanda safari upon your arrival at Entebbe International Airport, you will be met by your guide for your safari a representative of our tour company who will welcome you to the pearl of Africa, Uganda and give you a briefing session of your 10 days Rwanda and Uganda safari, the rules and regulations to follow for a safe safari in the countries for a memorable safari in the countries. After the briefing session, you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park. On your way to the park, you will have a stopover at Kayabwe where you will have the equator experience posing at the equator, you will participate in the experiments of the north and southern hemispheres will be carried out, you will have a stopover for Lunch in Mbarara town at Igongo cultural centre which offers different cultural dishes like millet bread, Eshabwe, dishes made with locally handmade ghee which is quite an adventure to taste the authentic dishes. After lunch your way to fort portal town where you will be able to visit the amabere ganyinamwiru caves, after the trip at the caves, you will make your way to Queen Elizabeth national park where the tree climbing lions are found. On reaching the park, you will go on an evening game drive where you will have a chance to see a number of animals catching their last bites for the day in the plains as they get ready to go to their resting place animals like zebras, elephants, elands, antelopes, crocodiles can be seen sun basking, leopards, lions, hyenas are easily seen during the evening games drives because they come out of hiding in order to hunt for their prey which is a thrilling adventure to see. After the game drive, you will head back to your hotel for dinner and over night
DAY 2: Early morning game drive and Evening boat cruise
- Morning game drive: On your second day of your 10 days Uganda and Rwanda safari after an Early morning game drive, you will go a morning game drive where you will have the opportunity to see a number of early risers grazing in the plains for instance the antelopes, buffaloes, elands, impalas among other animal species. You will then transfer to the Ishasha sector for the ultimate lion tracking experience where the tree climbing lions will be seen which is quite a mesmerising trait that the lions in the park posses which is quite unique from the lions around the world. It is believed the lions climb trees t keep an eye on their potential prey like the kobs. After the exciting adventure, you will then head back to your hotel for lunch and relax as you await the evening boat cruise.
- Evening boat cruise: After your beautiful lunch, you will then head to the boat cruise along the Kazinga channel which will offer a vast look at the landscape including a number of water birds like shoe bill stork, flamingos, king fishers great cormorant, little grebe, northern lapwing, red-necked grebe, wandering albatross pied. Animals like the hippos elephants, waterbucks buffalos, crocodiles can also be seen sun basking among other animals. After the beautiful adventure, you will head back to your hotel to relax and get ready for the next day. Alternatively, you can carry out nature walks or community walks you will head back to your hotel for diner and overnight.
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable National park
- Transfer to Bwindi: On the third day of your 10 days Uganda and Rwanda safari after an early the morning breakfast, you will embark on the journey to Bwindi impenetrable forest national park the home to the habituated Uganda gorilla families through the Ishasha sector where you will get the chance of seeing the tree climbing lions at a closer range. Continue to Bwindi with lunch en route and arriving in the evening for check in the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 4: Gorilla Trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: On day four of your 10 days Uganda and Rwanda safari after an early morning breakfast and packed lunch, tourists will embark their journey to carry out gorilla trekking the activity. Depending on your permit, you will transfer to the sector where the gorilla family you’re going to trek is. The activity will involve you hiking through the rugged terrain and it can take a given amount of time approximately 2-6 hours but with the help of the guide, it will be easy to locate the gentle giants. On locating and coming into contact with the gorillas, you will spend one hour with them and here you can take pictures of them, watch how they groom one another, how they live amongst one another which is quite interesting to watch.
- Batwa Experience: After the one hour with the gorillas is done you will then embark on your Batwa trail experience where you will meet an exciting group of people the Batwa who are forest people that survive on forest products. These are mainly hunters who hunt small living creatures of the wild and collect fruit as a source of food. The encounter with the interesting group of people will offer memorable experiences. Alternatively, you can also participate in nature walks on the different trails in the park where you will come across different attractions like the numerous bird species, primate species and the peaks of the Virunga Mountains. After the activities, you will proceed to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Transfer to Volcanoes National park
- Transfer to Volcanoes: On the fifth day of your 10 days Uganda and Rwanda safari after an early morning breakfast, you will transfer from Bwindi impenetrable national park to Ruhengeri the home to volcanoes National Park where you will transfer to a hotel near the park for refreshments and lunch. In the evening you can participate in community walks where you will have amazing experiences visiting the local communities understanding their culture through traditional dance, local dishes that are prepared by the locals as they are entertained. In the evening you will transfer back to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay
Day 6: Golden monkey trekking
- Golden monkey trekking: On day 6 of your 10 days Uganda and Rwanda safari after an early morning breakfast at your hotel, your guide will pick you from your hotel and transfer you to volcanoes national park in order to participate in golden monkey trekking where you will get to understand more about the primate species, on reaching the park, you will transfer to the park headquarters where they will get to know the golden monkey trekking guide in Rwanda, you will also be assigned to the guide and ranger who will ensure you have an amazing activity in the park. During golden monkey trekking, you will get to see a number of attractions like bird species, primate species which will ensure you have an amazing time and when you get the habituated golden monkey troop, you will get to know more about their behavior in the park and get to take pictures of the primates and at the end of your trip you will transfer to you hotel for lunch and leisure and later on you will transfer to the Ibyiwacu cultural villages where you will get to know more about the culture of Rwanda as you are entertained you will participate in a number of activities like community walks, banana beer making, subsistence farming, and preparation of local dishes among other activities and in the evening you will transfer back to your hotel for dinner and over night.
Day 7: Dian Fossey hike and Transfer to Lake Kivu
- Dian Fossey hike: On day seven of your days Uganda and Rwanda safari the morning after breakfast, you will get to visit the Karisoke research centre for a hike to understand more about the contribution of her efforts in the conservation of the mountain gorillas in volcanoes national park. as you hike the mountains you will come across a number of primate and bird species among other attractions as you get to Dian Fossey’s grave.
- Transfer to Lake Kivu: After the hike you will head back to your hotel for refreshments, lunch and later on you will transfer to Lake Kivu for a boat cruise which are relaxing and adventurous as you watch a number of attractions like the water birds and other rewarding attractions at the lake you will head back to your hotel for relaxation dinner and overnight stay.
Day 8: Transfer to Nyungwe forest National Park
- Transfer to Nyungwe: On Day 8 your 10 days Uganda and Rwanda safari, upon after an early morning breakfast, you will embark on your journey to transfer your guide for your safari will transfer you to Nyungwe National Park where you will see a number of primate species like Rwenzori colobus, black and white colobus monkeys, red-tailed monkeys, baboons, owl-faced monkeys, Angola colobus, L’hoest’s monkeys, Dent’s Mona monkeys, vervet monkeys, silver monkeys. On arrival at the park, you will head to your park for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 9: Chimpanzee tracking and canopy walk
- Chimpanzee tracking: On day 9 of your 10 days Uganda and Rwanda safari, after an early morning breakfast you will head to the park to participate in rewarding activities. You will head to the Uwinka reception area where you will go through a briefing session about the do’s and don’ts for safe activities in the park. With Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe National Park, you will get to track the different habituated chimpanzee troops and you will get the chance to know more about the chimpanzees like their feeding patterns where you will get to see them eating edible leaves, fruits, small insects lie caterpillars termites among others, you will also get chance to see how a habituated troop conducts their daily activities, how they co-exist with one another and son which will make the activity memorable. During the activity, you will also have the opportunity to see a number of bird species like long-tailed bluebird, paradise flycatcher, the Great blue turaco, forest hornbills, the orange and white bird and so on after your long activity in the park, you will head back to your hotel for relaxation and lunch and in the afternoon you will head back to the park to participate in the canopy walk.
- Canopy walk: After lunch and relaxation, you will head back to the park and take part in the canopy walk where you will have rewarding experiences in the park from an aerial view. Nyungwe National Park is the only park in Rwanda and East Africa where you can find the canopy walkway. During the activity you will get to see a number of primates swinging from one tree branch to another, a number of bird and butterfly species and exceptional aerial views for photography and at the end of your tour, head back to your hotel for dinner and over night.
Day 10: Transfer to Kigali
- Transfer to Kigali: On day 10 days Uganda and Rwanda safari, after an early morning breakfast, you will check out of your hotel and transfer to Kigali where you will have lunch and be taken through a Kigali city tour one of the most rewarding Rwanda tours where you will get to see a number of attractions and visit a number of sites like the Kimironko market the largest market in Rwanda, Kigali genocide memorial Museum which can also be visited during the Rwanda genocide tour where you will visit a number of genocide sites, still on your Kigali city tour, you will also visit Nyanza palace where you will get to know more of the culture of the people of Rwanda. After your Kigali city tour, you will be driven to Kigali international airport or a location of your choice in Kigali city which will be the end of your 10 days Uganda and Rwanda safari.
End of 10 Days Uganda and Rwanda safari
- Airport Pick up and drop off
- 4X4 Safari vehicle and fuel
- Full time English speaking Guide/Driver.
- All accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Bottled drinking water while on safari.
- Air tickets.
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, email, laundry, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary, Portage and wait staff gratuity.