17 Days Uganda, Congo and Rwanda Combined Tour
17 Days Uganda, Congo and Rwanda Tour Combined Tour is an amazing safari that a traveler can engage in and be able to traverse the 3 countries with Gorillas, Chimpanzees, and a vast variety of other wildlife species where they can do wildlife viewing safaris and tours.
Day 1: Airport pick-up and Transfer to Hotel
- Arrival: You will be welcomed on day 1 of this amazing 17 Days Uganda, Congo and Rwanda Combined Tour at Entebbe international airport by our company representative who will transfer you to your booked hotel in Kampala. This can take you an hour. You will have dinner and an overnight stay at Naguru Skys Hotel.
Day 2: Transfer to Murchison Falls national park
- Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park: On Day 2 of the 17 Days Uganda, Congo and Rwanda Combined Tour, you will wake up to an early morning breakfast and later the driver will pick you up and transfer you to Murchison Falls National Park. The park is located in the southwest of the country. Murchison is the largest park in Uganda where you get to see huge numbers of wildlife including some of the Big 5 African animals.
- Rhino Tracking in Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary: The journey is approximately a 4 hours’ drive with stopovers lunch and en route at Ziwa Rhino sanctuary where you will enjoy seeing the Rhinos (Rhino Tracking) before proceeding to the park. You will arrive in the park late afternoon and immediately proceed to your lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight stay at Fort Murchison River Lodge.
Day 3: Morning Game Drive and afternoon Nile Boat Cruise
- Ferry Crossing & Morning Game Drive: Day 3 is an amazing wildlife day where you will wake up to breakfast early morning and later cross the ferry for a morning game drive on the Northern bank. The game drive activity takes about 3-5 hours and you be able to view a variety of wildlife including elephants, Rothschild giraffes, buffaloes, lions, Hartebeest, Uganda kobs, Oribis and waterbucks. After the Game drive, you will return to the lodge for lunch.
- Boat Cruise to the Bottom of the Falls: Your afternoon will be blessed with a boat cruise on the along the River Nile which will give you an exciting panoramic view at the bottom of the mighty Murchison falls. Along the cruise, you will encounter crocodiles, hippos, and birds on the river banks like kingfisher, cormorants, and bee-eater.
- Hike to the top of the Falls: After the boat cruise to the bottom of the falls, you will then hike up to the top of falls through Bakers trail and also be able to stand at the Baker’s stone. This hike is a bit tuff but it’s fascinating as you will enjoy seeing the falls at different points and finally when you reach the top of the falls you will love the view of the rainbow and the splashing water which will cool off your sweat. After spending a good time at the top of the falls, you will meet your driver who will transfer you back to your lodge. Later in the evening, you will enjoy your dinner and overnight stay at Fort Murchison River Lodge as above.
Day 4: Transfer to Lake Mburo national park and Evening game drive
- Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park: On day four of the 17 Days Uganda, Congo and Rwanda Combined Tour, you will have early morning breakfast, then embark on a 5 hours’ drive to Lake Mburo national park. You will have a stopover at the Equator where you will take pictures and visit craft shops.
- Evening Game Drive: Proceed to the park for your evening game drive. You will later connect to your lodge for dinner and have an overnight stay at Rwakobo rock lodge.
Day 5: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park: Having spent a day in Lake Mburo National Park, you will wake up on day 5 of the 17 Days Uganda, Congo, and Rwanda Combined Tour and you will be transfered to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Crater Lakes Tour and Game Drive: You will arrive in the afternoon and immediately connect to visit the explosion crater lakes region and get to see the dark lakes and the rich grassland set deep into the volcanic craters. This provides an opportunity for great photos on this scenic afternoon game drive. After the activity, proceed for lunch then to your lodge. Dinner and overnight stay at Park View Safari Cottages.
Day 6: Kasenyi Area Morning Game Drive and Boat Cruise
- Morning Game Drive in Kasenyi Plains: After having breakfast you will drive to the Kasenyi area for a fascinating morning game drive where you will be able to view great numbers of animals including the savannah elephants, buffaloes, giraffes, antelopes including the Oribi, Uganda kobs, waterbucks to mention a few.
- Boat Cruise: In the afternoon, you will go for a boat cruise trip along the Kazinga channel. During the boat trip you will enjoy watching the densely populated hippos along the lake, crocodiles and other animals like the elephants, buffaloes and bird species on the banks. Dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 7: Lion experience and transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Lion Experience: To mark one week on our 17 Days Uganda, Congo and Rwanda Combined Tour, you will have early morning breakfast after which you will set off for the Lion Experience in Queen Elizabeth National Park. You will get an opportunity to get close to a pride of lions. This is a 2-hour activity.
- Transfer to Bwindi Forest National Park: After the lion experience, you will connect to the Ishasha sector to proceed to Bwindi impenetrable forest National Park. Enroute you will have lunch and on arrival in Bwindi, you will go straight to your lodge where you will rest and have dinner and overnight sleep at Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge.
Day 8: Gorilla trekking experience
- Gorilla Trekking: One of the most anticipated days on our 17 Days Uganda, Congo and Rwanda Combined Tour is day 8 where you will engage in gorilla trekking. You will have breakfast and head out to the park offices for briefing about Mountain Gorilla trekking by the park warden. After briefing, you will go on to track the forests in search of these gorillas in a group of 8 people escorted by an armed ranger. The time taken is usually between 2-8 hours depending on the movement of the gorillas. Meeting the gorillas unexpectedly is one of the most captivating lifetime experiences. You will have a chance to observe and take pictures at a very close range. You will observe adults feeding and groaning among themselves. After one hour with the long-awaited gorillas, your ranger guide will lead you back to the starting point where your driver will readily be waiting to transfer you back to the lodge for a restful evening. Have dinner overnight stay at Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge
Day 9: Transfer to Ruhengeri (Rwanda) and Cultural walk
- Transfer to Rwanda: Wake up early on day 8 and drive to cross Cyanika Border to connect to Volcanoes national park where you will have lunch.
- Cultural Tour: In the afternoon, you will take a cultural walk to Iby’iwachu Cultural Village-a Non-Profit umbrella organization that aims at improving the lives of reformed poachers and communities around Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park through the provision of conservation incentives, supporting community enterprise development and livelihood based projects. It’s a rewarding place where you will be guided around the place as you enjoy the Kinyarwanda traditions including the Intore dance, traditional ceremonies, and a guided community walk. Retreat and return to your lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight stay at Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge
Day 10: Golden monkeys tracking at Volcanoes national park and transfer to Lake Kivu
- Golden Monkey Trekking: Wake Up Early and have breakfast after which you will be transferred to the park headquarters for briefing from the park warden about the endangered golden monkeys. After connect to the starting point and enter the forest to search for the rare golden monkey. This activity can take about 1-5 hours and is done at a closer view of the other primates in the park, like the red tailed monkeys, Vervet monkeys among others. After viewing the rare golden monkeys for an hour while taking pictures and studying their behaviors, return to the base and meet your driver.
- Lake Kivu Tour: After golden monkey tracking, have lunch and after you will be driven to Rubavu Town at the shores of Lake Kivu where you will spend the whole afternoon enjoying the shores while taking boat trips to the island of the lake, a town tour and relaxing at the shores as you enjoy the breeze. Dinner and overnight stay at Paradise Malahide
Day 11: Drive to Goma – Congo Boarder.
- Transfer to Congo and Registration: You will meet your guide after breakfast and embark on your drive to cross into Congo to Goma. Check-in with the tourism office strategically located at the Grand Barrier border Post to receive Gorilla and Volcano permit that’s to be presented at the beginning of every trek. Thereafter you will be transferred to Kibumba tented camp just near the trailhead of Nyiragongo volcano
- Day 12: Virunga Gorilla Trekking in Congo
Gorilla Trekking in Virunga National Park: On day 12 of the 17 Days Uganda, Congo and Rwanda Combined Tour, you will have early morning breakfast and report to Bukima patrol post with your passport and permit details for registration and briefing. This is the place where all treks in Virunga National Park. Later head into the forest with your ranger guide and expect to hike for 1 to 3 hours until you find the mountain Gorillas in Virunga national park. When you get to see them, you will be in inspired by their huge size and gentle nature as you watch them go about their daily business with mothers tending to the young ones and the juveniles making an effort to impress. You will stay up to 1-hour maximum and head back.
- Nature walks & Bird Watching: On reaching the camp you will enjoy a late lunch and have the rest of the day at leisure, including time for nature walks and bird watching. Return to your accommodation
Day 13: Nyiragongo Hiking
- Hiking Mount Nyiragongo: On day 13 of the 17 Days Uganda, Congo and Rwanda Combined Tour, you will wake up so early to have breakfast since you have to be at the headquaters by 8 am. You will meet your ranger guide, a porter and begin your hike. Meals will be provided and you will stay overnight in a wooden shelter at the top of the Volcano. Reaching the top of Mount Nyiragongo is so fascination as you will be able to view the boiling lava.
NB: Please note that your Rwanda Visa will expire after crossing into Congo so you will apply for another immediately and you will find it ready on return.
Day 14: Descend Nyiragongo & Proceed back to Gisenyi
- Descend Mount Nyiragongo & Transfer to Rwanda: On Day 14 marking 2 weeks of our 17 Days Uganda, Congo and Rwanda Combined Tour, we shall descend the Volcano and head down to Kibati by 11:00 am. You will meet your driver-guide and drive back to Rwanda-Gisenyi Town for your evening leisure. You will have dinner at overnight at Paradise Malahide.
NB: That your Rwanda Visa expires immediately you cross into Congo so you will have to reapply for another while at the border and find it ready after the tour.
Day 15: Transfer to Nyungwe national park
- Transfer to Nyungwe National Park: After early morning breakfast at the lodge, you will embark on your journey to Nyungwe National Park. This is a 5-6 hour drive to Nyungwe national park with lunch en route. Nyungwe forest is the oldest and largest rain forest in East Africa. Arrive in the park and connect to your lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight stay at Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel
Day 16: Chimpanzee tracking and canopy walk
- Chimpanzee Trekking in Nyungwe National Park: Enjoy breakfast and go for briefing about the endangered chimpanzees before entering the forest in search of the active and playful fellows in Nyungwe forest. The Chimpanzees are much easier to spot as they jump from one tree to another, chattering and laughing. Chimpanzee trekking usually takes about 3 hours. On finding them, spend an hour while taking pictures and videos. You will then return to your accommodation for lunch.
- Canopy Walk: After having your amazing lunch, you will go on a walking trail that will take you to the Canopy Walk. This is a swing bridge 50 meters in length that is suspended from large trees. You will be able to see the amazing rainforest with a bird’s eye view, spotting wildlife moving about below you. Before nightfall, you will return to the lodge for dinner as above
Day 17: Transfer to Kigali and city tour
- Transfer to Kigali and tour of the Genocide museums: To Sum up our 17 Days Uganda, Congo and Rwanda Combined Tour, you will have breakfast at your leisure and go on a 5 hours drive back to Kigali city with en-route visit to Nyanza king’s palace and Rwanda national museum in Huye and Murambi genocide museum. Arrive in Kigali and also visit the craft shops and the Kigali genocide memorial which gives memories of what happened in 1994 in the Rwanda Genocide. Have lunch and connect to the airport for your return flight to your next destination.
- Pick up and drop off
- All activities mentioned in the Itinerary
- 4X4 Safari vehicle and fuel
- Full-time English speaking Guide/Driver.
- All accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Bottled drinking water while on safari
- Optional activity
- Air tickets.
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, email, laundry, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary, Porterage and wait staff gratuity