Packing list for Golden Monkey Trekking in Rwanda
Packing list for Golden Monkey Trekking in Rwanda is a shortlist of the essentials that one might need to use and have as they engage in the golden monkey trekking activity in Rwanda. The land of 1000 hills is known by a number of tourists as the ultimate tourist destination where a number of attractions can be seen and a number of activities that can be carried out in the country. There are a number of activities that can be carried out in Rwanda like gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park, chimpanzee trekking Nyungwe National Park, hiking the Virunga Mountains, Rwanda genocide tours, Rwanda cultural tours where you will get to know more about the culture of the Rwandans among other interesting activities that can be carried out in the country.
Among the different activities, golden monkey trekking is one of the amazing activities that can be carried out during your Rwanda Tour which will ensure that your time is well spent in Volcanoes national park as you participate in the activity. Golden monkey trekking can be carried out in volcanoes national park, a park famous for housing some of the endangered primate species that can only be found within the Virunga massif. In the park, you can carry out the activity in the activity after hiking the Virunga Mountains namely; Mount Gahinga, Mount Muhabura, Mount Karisimbi, Mount Sabyinyo and Mount Bisoke where the habituated golden monkey troops in the park can be found.
With golden monkey after hiking the Virunga Mountains and you access the habituated troops, you will get to spend an hour with the primates understanding their behavior in the park, their co-existence with one another, there feeding patterns and so on. For tourists interested in participating in the rewarding activity, you will have to pack a number of essentials to ensure you have a comfortable yet entertaining trip.
- Hiking shoes: While carrying out golden monkey trekking in Volcanoes National Park, or you to have an amazing time and comfort during your virunga mountains hike in order to get to the different golden monkey troops, you should carry hiking shoes to aid in your hike to the different virunga mountains in order to access the different golden monkey troops. Because the weather is quite unpredictable in the park whereby even during the dry season, it can rain which can make hiking hard because the routes can be slippery making hiking difficult, tourists should have the perfect hiking shoes to aid in hiking in order to access the golden monkey troops.
- Long sleeved shirts: During golden monkey trekking, tourists will have to hike the mountains and go through the thicket and thick vegetation of the park in order to access the habituated golden monkey troops in the park. Through the vegetation in the park you will come across nettles, tree branches which can be a threat to your well being, for example, some can cause allergic reactions among other threats, therefore, tourist should put on long sleeved shirts to avoid being scratched and pricked by tree branches and nettles.
- Insect repellent: The park is home to a number of insects that can be harmful to the health of the trackers that participate in golden monkey trekking. Some of the different insects that can be seen in the park include the sand fly, horsefly, black fly, mosquitoes that can spread malaria which can be fatal when untreated. Therefore to avoid such incidents, tourists should carry an insect repellent to avoid being bitten by insect spreading diseases and those that can bring about irritation to the skin.
- Raincoat: For golden monkey trekking, a raincoat should not miss out on your packing list among the essentials responsible for golden monkey trekking a raincoat should be included because as they hike up the mountain, misty dews cover the mountain slopes and in some instances, it can rain at any given time of the day which can inconvenience your gorilla trekking activity in the park by giving you a hard time and an uncomfortable time during the hike to the different troops of the habituated golden monkeys.
- Pain killers: Pain killers will enable you to have a comfortable golden monkey trekking activity in the park, hiking can be a little challenging where you can get muscle or joint paints but with fast relievers/ painkillers, they will ensure you have a tension-free activity.