An Unforgettable Boat Cruise Experience In Rwanda : I recently had the opportunity to explore Lake Kivu, the largest freshwater lake in Rwanda, and it was an incredible experience. My journey began in Kigali, the capital city of Rwanda. I made my way to the town of Rubavu, which is situated on the shores of Lake Kivu. From there, I boarded a small boat that took me out onto the lake.
As we cruised along the lake, I was struck by the stunning natural beauty of the surrounding landscape. The lake is surrounded by rolling hills and lush green forests, and the water is a beautiful shade of blue.
During the boat cruise, we stopped at a few different islands, including Napoleon Island and Amahoro Island. On Napoleon Island, we had the chance to see some of the lake’s native bird species, including the African fish eagle and the kingfisher. On Amahoro Island, we explored the beautiful white sandy beaches and swam in the crystal-clear waters of the lake.
One of the highlights of the boat cruise was seeing the local fishermen at work. We watched as they cast their nets and brought in their catch of the day. It was fascinating to see the traditional fishing methods being used and to learn about the important role that fishing plays in the local economy.
As the sun began to set, we made our way back to the shore, where we enjoyed a delicious dinner of grilled fish and local vegetables. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.
My boat cruise experience was an unforgettable part of my Rwanda tour. The natural beauty of Lake Kivu and the surrounding area, combined with the rich culture and traditions of the local people, made for an incredible adventure. If you ever have the opportunity to visit Rwanda, I highly recommend taking a boat cruise on Lake Kivu. It’s an experience you won’t forget!
If you’re planning a boat cruise on Lake Kivu in Rwanda, it’s important to be prepared and pack accordingly. Here are some essentials that you should consider bringing on your boat cruise:
- Sunscreen: The sun can be intense in Rwanda, even when you’re out on the water. Make sure to pack sunscreen with a high SPF to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Hat: A hat is a great way to protect your face and head from the sun. It can also be useful to keep your hair out of your face on a windy day.
- Sunglasses: Not only will sunglasses protect your eyes from the sun’s glare, but they can also help you see more clearly when you’re out on the water.
- Swimsuit: If you plan on swimming in the lake, make sure to bring a swimsuit. The water can be chilly, so consider bringing a towel or cover-up to keep warm.
- Water bottle: Staying hydrated is important, especially when you’re out in the sun. Bring a reusable water bottle to refill throughout the day.
- Camera: You’ll want to capture the stunning views and memorable moments of your boat cruise, so don’t forget to bring a camera or phone with a good camera.
- Insect repellent: Mosquitoes and other bugs can be a nuisance, so consider bringing insect repellent to keep them away.
- Snacks: Depending on the length of your boat cruise, you may want to bring some snacks to munch on. Consider packing some fresh fruit, nuts, or energy bars.
- Cash: While some boat tours may accept credit cards, it’s always a good idea to bring some cash for tips, souvenirs, or other expenses.
- Light jacket: Even though Rwanda is known for its warm weather, it can still get chilly on the water, especially in the evenings. Bring a light jacket or sweater to stay warm.
Overall, a boat cruise on Lake Kivu during my Rwanda safari tour is an amazing experience, and being prepared with the right gear and essentials can make your trip even more enjoyable.