GORILLA HABITUATION IN UGANDA
Gorilla habituation in Uganda is one of the top tourism activities in Uganda that you should not miss out on taking part in because of the rewarding features you will get to experience as you take part in the rewarding activity on your Uganda safari. It should be noted that a number of tourists that visit Uganda are much interested in gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park and gorilla trekking in Mgahinga national park which have a lot offer to tourists interested in watching the endangered mountain gorilla species and also watch a number of physical and wildlife features in either parks. However with a number of gorilla tours in Uganda, gorilla habituation in Uganda has also picked on like gorilla trekking in Uganda which has led a number of tourists from all over the world to visit the park in order to take part in the memorable activity and also take part in training the gorilla to get accustomed to human presence.
Gorilla habituation in Uganda is quite different from gorilla trekking in Uganda where tourists can take part in tracking the species in the four sectors of the park namely Buhoma Ruhija, Rushaga, where gorilla trekking can be carried out however gorilla habituation in Uganda can be carried out in only the Rushaga sector of the park training of the gorillas to get accustomed to human presence can be found. With the emergence of covid-19 globally, number of tourism activities in Uganda there has been a number of covid-19 safety measures that have been introduced by the ministry of health and a number of standard operating procedures to ensure that tourist are protected against covid-19 as they take part in the different activities in the Bwindi impenetrable national park.
PRICE OF GORILLA HABITUATION IN UGANDA
Before tourists take part in gorilla habituation in Uganda, they should first obtain a gorilla habituation permit from a trusted tour operator or from the Uganda wildlife authority. Usually the permit expires the date when you take part in the activity but with covid-19 there are a number of uncertainties like flight delays, flight cancellation that may hinder your engagement in the activity and by this tourists can reschedule in order to take part in the activity at a later date when they are set. A gorilla trekking permit in Uganda can be obtained at a fee of 1500USD
Gorilla habituation involves tourists accompanying a group of researchers and trainers that are training and making the primates getting accustomed to human presence and interesting about the activity is the fact that the tourists can also take part in the training process which will give you the chance to spend four hours with the habituated species as opposed to gorilla trekking in Uganda which takes the tourists one hour with the gorillas watching their authentic experiences in the wild and how they react towards the humans before they get accustomed to human presence and are ready for gorilla trekking.
Covid-19 safety measures
- Ensure wearing a mask while taking part in gorilla habituation in Uganda to avoid spreading the virus from one person to another because corona virus is highly contagious and can be easily be spread from one person to another through air with the contaminated droplets.
- You should maintain social distance of about 2 meters from one another so as to avoid spreading the virus to other trackers in case you came in contact with contaminated surfaces.
- Follow the lead of the guide who will lead you through the safe trails of the park in order to avoid getting lost and coming in contact with vicious animals whose attacks can be fatal.
- Follow the rules and regulations that are put in place by the park officials to ensure that they are safe in the park without being at risk of getting covid-19.
- Before the activity you should sanitize your hands to ensure that you are not at risk of contracting the virus and spreading it in case of touching contaminated surfaces. It is also important for tourists to disinfect the surfaces they get in contact with
- While maintaining social distance away from the trackers, you should also consider maintaining some space from the gorillas because they are highly vulnerable species that can easily contract diseases which an be a threat of their sustainability.
- Before they access the country they should have tested negative before landing at Entebbe international airport for you to take part in the different activities in Uganda. On landing at Entebbe international airport, you will take another test to verify that you are safe to take part in the activities and in scenarios where you get a positive test, you can either opt for self-isolation or visit the government quarantine centers where you will be treated to take part in the activities in the country.