Safety Precautions for COVID-19 in Kahuzi Biega National Park
Safety Precautions for COVID-19 in Kahuzi Biega National Park: Kahuzi Biega is famous for housing some of the world’s remaining lowland gorillas that are tracked by tourists annually in the park that has a lot to offer. Gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega national park is the most amazing activity that you will visit for you to understand more about the endangered species given its interesting features like their feeding patterns, how they co-exist with one another among other interesting features that you will get to observe when you spend one hour with the gorillas. There are a number of other rewarding activities in Kahuzi Biega that you can take part in like birding, hiking mount Kahuzi and mount Biega, nature walks where you can see a number of primate species and many other attractions but with a number of changes in the world due to the covid-19, coronavirus global pandemic, there has been a change in travel, activities in the different tourism destinations because of the need to avoid contracting the disease that can easily be passed on to other people through air, handshakes and close contact with an infected person but with a number of safety precautions for covid-19 in Kahuzi Biega national park will ensure you have an amazing time while taking part during your Congo safari.
Safety precautions to follow
- Regular disinfecting of the exposed surfaces is highly emphasized among the safety precautions for covid-19 in Kahuzi Biega National park. because the virus lives on he surfaces for more than 12 hours it puts a risk to tourists to contract the virus therefore you should regularly disinfect surfaces, cars among other items that you use during your safari in Kahuzi Biega national park.
- Regular sanitising at the different park spots is encouraged with a number of sanitizer dispensers that can be seen around the park which were put in place by the park management to avoid contamination of surfaces in case a tourist comes in contact with contaminated surfaces which can easily spread covid-19 because it is believed to live on surfaces for more than 12 hours.
- Well trained personnel at the different tourism destinations can be seen across the country to ensure that you have a safe activity is one of the safety precautions for covid-19 in Kahuzi Biega that have been put in place. The park trained the personnel about the virus like the different ways you can catch it, how it can be prevented and in this way, it has enabled to avoid covid-19 cases in the area because of the fact that they are able to carry out the necessary safety measures like regular sanitising, disinfection of surfaces, to avoid contamination of surfaces which in a way has controlled the contracting the virus which can be a harm to themselves and the visitors in the long run.
- Before you take part in the different activities in Kahuzi Biega National park, you are expected to undergo a briefing session which will give you an insight the different activities, the rules and regulations you have to follow to ensure that you a safe activity. Some of the regulations to follow are maintaining of social distance in order to avoid other tourists to catch the virus in case you came in contact with a a contaminated surface and so on to ensure the safety of the activity.
- As another way to avoid the spread of the virus during your safari in Kahuzi Biega national park is with the help of the tourism service providers like the guides, security personnel, park management that have created a safe environment for tourists by putting in place temperature guns that are able to check for the temperature abnormalities, the sanitizer dispensers to avoid the contamination of surfaces when you get in contact with them.
- Maintaining social distance is one of the major ways that the virus can be controlled because it limits the number of people a contaminated person gets in contact with which lessens the number of covid-19 contractions. This is done to avoid its spread in case the tourist might have been exposed to the virus on their way to the park.
- Before any tourist accesses the parks to take part in the Kahuzi Biega safari, they should present a negative covid-19 certificate which must have been acquired 120hours before travel to the democratic republic of Congo and failure to do so, you will not be allowed to access the country or a number of other tourism destinations in the country like Kahuzi Biega national park because of the need to avoid the spread of corona virus among the locals and tourists that access the premise.
- Much emphasis is put on masks aswell which is another safety precaution for covid-19 in Kahuzi Biega national park where tourists taking part in the different activities are emphasized to put on their masks to avoid the spread and contracting of the virus while on their way to the park and also in the park
- Temperature guns at the park entrance are also being used check for any temperature abnormalities which can be a sign of covid-19 and by this it has enabled the park as one of the most rewarding destinations in the democratic republic of Congo that will ensure you have an amazing time during the tough times of covid-19 by feeling safe with the different safety precautions for covid-19 that are exercised.