3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking tour is a short amazing Uganda gorilla tour that will give you the experience of a lifetime in Bwindi Forest with the endangered mountain gorillas.
The 3 days gorilla trekking from Kampala safari will offer the best of the gorilla experience in Bwindi impenetrable national park. A park that is famous for the mountain gorillas in Uganda, it has 18 habituated gorilla groups which can be trekked all year throughout in the different sectors where they can be found. Aside from gorilla trekking, the park also offer a variety of other activities like the Batwa trail experience where you will be able to see the indigenous group of people that have not adopted modernity that lives in the forest, on the different trails, during the nature walks, a number of primate species will be seen and numerous bird species all of which will offer amazing experiences.
Highlights of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking tour
- DAY 1: Transfer to Bwindi
- DAY 2: Gorilla Trekking
- DAY 3: Transfer back to Kampala
DAY 1: Transfer to Bwindi
- Transfer to Kampala: Depending on your location in Kampala City, our guide will pick you and brief you on your 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking tour and after you will embark on your journey to the park. The drive to the park from Kampala takes approximately 7 to 8 hours.
- The Equator Experience: On reaching Kayabwe, you will pose at the equator and experiments of the north and southern hemispheres will be carried out to show that you are in between both which is quite interesting. Photography at the equator will also be allowed and after the interesting experience, you will continue on your journey to the Bwindi impenetrable national parks the home to the Uganda mountain gorillas.
- Cultural Experience in Ingongo: Lunch will be served at Igongo cultural centre, an amazing traditional centre where you will be able to see the evolution of the Ugandan culture for instance money, dress code and a number of other attraction. The centre has a museum which will show the different households of the people from western Uganda, the restaurant at the centre offer different cultural dishes like millet bread, dishes made with locally/ handmade ghee which is quite an adventure to taste the authentic dishes. After lunch at the igongo cultural centre, you will proceed your way through Kabale where you will pass by Lake Bunyonyi the deepest lake in Uganda.
Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
DAY 2: Gorilla Trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: After early morning breakfast and packed lunch, tourists will embark their journey to carry out gorilla trekking the activity. Depending on your permit, you will transfer to the sector where the gorilla family you’re going to trek is. The activity will involve you hiking through the rugged terrain and it can take a given amount of time approximately 2-6 hours but with the help of the guide, it will be easy to locate the gentle giants. On locating and coming into contact with the gorillas, you will spend one hour with them and here you can take pictures of them, watch how they groom one another, how they live amongst one another which is quite interesting to watch.
- After the one hour with the gorillas is done you will then, and later embark on your Batwa trail experience (optional) where you will meet an exciting group of people the Batwa who are forest people that survive on forest products. These are mainly hunters who hunt small living creatures of the wild and collect fruit as a source of food. The encounter with an interesting group of people will offer memorable experiences. Alternatively, you can also participate in nature walks on the different trails in the park where you will come across different attractions like the numerous bird species., primate species and the peaks of the Virunga mountains. After the activities, you will proceed to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Meal plan: Breakfast lunch and dinner
DAY 3: Transfer back to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: After early morning breakfast, you will check out of your hotel and embark on your journey to transfer back to Kampala. Through Mbarara town, lunch will be served and you will proceed on your journey back to Kampala. Our driver will drop you at a location of your choice which will mark the end of your trip.
Meal plan: Breakfast and lunch
End of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking tour
Trip Inclusions of the End of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking tour
- Pickup and drop off in Kampala
- A guide
- Gorilla trekking
- Entrance permits
- Batwa trail experience
- Igongo cultural centre
- Meals and bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Nature walks
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Uganda visa fees
- Activities that are not included in the itinerary
See also: 3 DAYS BWINDI GORILLA TREK