CHIMPANZEE TREKKING IN VIRUNGA NATIONAL PARK 2021
chimpanzee trekking in virunga national park 2021 is among the most rewarding activities you can take part in given the fact that the park has a lot to offer like the mount Nyiragongo hike, gorilla trekking in virunga national park, visiting the Senkwenkwe gorilla orphanage, birding , nature walk among other activities. Virunga national park being the oldest national park in Africa has attracted a number of tourists to visit the park not to miss out on the amazing adventures that it has to offer .
with the covid-19 global pandemic, a number of tourism destinations where closed down including virunga national park as a way of the park to come up with a number of safety measures that can be followed for the tourists to have a safe time in the park without having to worry about contracting the virus from one another. After devising a number of safety measures, it has opened up the park gates to a number of tourist interested in taking part in chimpanzee trekking and other activities in virunga national park as long as they are able to follow the different safety measures that it has put in place to ensure that the activities are safe and don’t put them at risk of getting covid-19.
Chimpanzee trekking in virunga
Chimpanzee trekking is carried out within the forests of the park where you will hike in the forests of mount Mikeno to access the habituated chimpanzee troops. Interesting about of chimpanzee trekking is the fact that you’ll have the chance to observe a number of rewarding features of the primates in their natural habitats.
You will get to understand their feeding patterns and behaviors by observing what they eat for instance edible leaves, wild celery, wild fruit and in rare occasions small insects like caterpillars you will also observe their grooming patterns of the primates in the park among a number of interesting features of the primates.
During your transfer to the habituates troops, you will get to see a number of bird species like Rwenzori Batis Dusky turtle love, paradise flycatcher, archer’s ground robin, African Rwenzori, double collared sunbird, marsh harrier, Ruwenzori turaco, common moorhen Ruwenzori night jar, grey throated tit and the dusky crimson wing rewarding primate species golden monkeys, black and white colobus monkeys, amazing views like the virunga mountains in Rwanda and many other views for an amazing experience.
Safety measures to follow during chimpanzee trekking
While carrying out chimpanzee trekking in virunga national park 2021, you should follow a number of safety measures that have put up to avoid the spread of the virus while people take part in chimpanzee trekking.
- While carrying out chimpanzee trekking in virunga national park, you should put on your face mask to avoid contracting the virus in case you track the primates with an infected tourist. It should be noted that some tourists can contract the virus on planes, on their way to the park which makes it hard to be detected therefore you should put on your mask during the different activities in virunga national park to avoid the spread the virus.
- Eating in the presence of and feeding the chimpanzees should be avoided because it can easily spread the virus from humans to the primates because the primates are highly vulnerable species that can easily contract the virus and this can be a threat to their survival and in the long run can lead to the decrease in their numbers.
- While taking part in chimpanzee trekking in virunga national park 2021, you should consider maintaining social distance while tracking the primates you should maintain an arm’s distance away from other trackers to avoid contracting the virus in case they came contact with it while transferring to the park
- Before visiting the park premises to take part in chimpanzee trekking in virunga national park 2021, you will have to first sanitize before taking part in the activity to avoid spreading the virus in case you came in contaminated surfaces.
- Temperature guns are used to check for any temperature abnormalities before taking part in chimpanzee trekking as a way t protect tourists and the primates during the activity.