How to prepare for a Uganda Safari : Travellers interested in visiting Uganda are in for a treat participating in a number of safaris in the country which will give you the opportunity to take part in a number of safaris like the primate safaris which will give you access to a number of primate species like the mountain gorillas in Africa that can be seen in Bwindi impenetrable National Park and Mgahinga National Park as you participate in gorilla trekking in Uganda.
In the country, you can also participate in the wildlife safaris that will give you the chance to visit a number of national parks in the country to take part in a number of activities like the game drives in Uganda and rhino tracking among other rewarding tourism activities that you should not miss out on during your Uganda tour. While preparing to visit the country, this article is going to help you get an insight of the expectations of your Uganda safari, what you should pack and many other key aspects for you to prepare for your Uganda safari.
Visas and vaccines
Before you access Uganda you should consider booking for your visas before you make your way to the country. It is must for any traveller interested in visiting the country to access a visa or a pass that can be received at the border points or at the airport or can be applied for online at https://visas.immigration.go.ug/ Before you apply for your visa you should there are a number of items that you should have in order to get yourself a visa and these include;
- A scan of your Passport is also needed for travelers that visit the country and this will help in identification and give you access to the country.
- You should have a recent passport photo with a white background that is taken within a period of six months
- You should also have a copy of the international certificate for vaccination for yellow fever
- A reservation of your flight details which must show flights entering and exiting Uganda after providing the necessary requirements you will be able to obtain your visa to Uganda which will give you access to participate in a number of tourism activities.
While preparing for your Uganda safari, you should understand the different activities that you would like to participate in and where they are carried out from this will help you estimate the amount of money that you will spend while participating in the different activities in Uganda. A number of travellers that visit the country should consider having extra cash because activities tend to be costly among the different that you should not miss out in during your safari experience include the game drives in Murchison falls national park, the top of the falls hike in Murchison falls national park which will give you rewarding views of the world’s most powerful waterfalls. You can also participate in rhino tracking in ziwa rhino sanctuary the only place where you will get to watch the rhinos in Uganda.
- A camera should be packed because there’s a number of rewarding views and attractions that are worthy to be kept as photographic memory from the different areas in the country.
- Pack you some sunscreen to avoid sun damage because it tends to get really sunny in the country during the dry season.
- You should also carry hiking boots to help you hike when you visit the national park as you participate in activities like hiking the Virunga mountains in Uganda like mount gahinga, mount sabyinyo and mount muhabura that tend to be slippery.
- You can also pack some pain killers to relieve headache or during muscle ache while participate