Packing list for Volcanoes National Park Safari
Packing list for Volcanoes National Park Safari is the set of requirements that one should personally carry to the park premises before they start any park activities. Volcanoes national park has gained popularity for housing half of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas in the world that you while get to see when you participate in the Rwanda gorilla tours. However, there is more to the park than gorilla trekking this is because there are other activities in Volcanoes National Park that can be carried out for you to have an amazing time while in the park.
Some of the other activities that can be carried out in Park like birding in Volcanoes National Park where you will get to see a number of bird species like; the Rwenzori Turaco, Crowned hornbill, Black Kite, dusk turtle dove, Moorland chat, blue flycatcher, lagden’s Bush-Shrike making it the ultimate birding destination, golden monkey trekking, hiking Dian Fossey’s grave, Virunga mountains hike, cultural encounters in Volcanoes National park where you will visit the Ibyiwacu village where you will get to participate in a number of activities and get to know more about the history of Rwanda by participating in a number of activities like banana local beer making, cultural dances, local dishes among other activities in the park.
Packing list for Volcanoes National Park Safari
- Hiking shoes: Hiking shoes are top priority in the Packing list for Volcanoes National Park Safari. While carrying out the virunga mountains hike, tourists should have the perfect and comfortable hiking shoes to have a comfortable hike. The virunga mountains hike can be challenging because the mountains are steep like mount sabyinyo and also they tend to be slippery which can be challenging for a tourist interested in reaching the summit, therefore, the perfect hiking shoes will enable you to reach the summit of the virunga mountains in the shortest time possible.
- Insect repellent: Volcanoes national park is a habitat to a number of disease-spreading insects like tsetse flies mosquitoes among other insects whose insect bites can be irritating and can also cause diseases. Therefore for any tourist to be free from such instances they should carry with them an insect repellent to avoid being bitten by insects in the park which can cause diseases.
- Binoculars: Volcanoes national park is home to over 380 bird species that can be seen while you carry out birding in volcanoes national parks among the activities in volcanoes national park. Birding in the park is one of the most rewarding activities that can be carried out because it will offer the most amazing experiences where you will have the opportunity to see over 100 bird species every day which is quite a rewarding number. Some of the bird species that can be seen include long-crested eagle handsome Francolin, Rwenzori Batis, Dusky turtle love, paradise flycatcher, archer’s ground robin, African Rwenzori, double collared sunbird, marsh harrier, Ruwenzori turaco, common moorhen Ruwenzori nightjar, grey throated tit, the dusky crimson wing, red-faced woodland warbler among other bird species.
- Pain killers: Pain killers will be needed on the Packing list for Volcanoes National Park Safari. With the different mountains in volcanoes national park, hiking can be a little exhausting which can lead to sore muscles and joint pains. Therefore a tourist should carry pain killers in order to relieve yourself from tensions and muscle pains after hiking the virunga mountains hike.
- Hiking clothes: While in the park, a tourist should have the perfect hiking attire in order to have a safe and comfortable hiking adventure in the park. During gorilla trekking in Rwanda, tourists hike the Virunga Mountains. it is advisable that a tourist should put on long sleeved shirts to avoid being scratched by branches, you can also consider putting on garden gloves to avoid being pricked by nettles, Long trousers are also necessary because they will enable you to avoid being scratched by the nettles and bitten by disease-spreading insects.
- Raincoat: The weather of Volcanoes National Park is quite unpredictable that even during the dry season due to the thick vegetation cover in the park, the weather conditions can change at any time where buy it can rain in the park therefore in order to have a wonderful experience in the park without any inconveniences during your gorilla trekking experience in the park.
- Packed lunch: During your gorilla trekking experience in the park, you should carry lunch in your backpack. The activity in the park can take about 8- 9 hours to get to the gorilla families and also as you descend down the virunga mountains and because the activity takes time you can feel hungry and because the activity is strenuous, it will be hard for you to hike on an empty stomach.